cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fttc installed this morning - just waiting for the profile to be reset

stevecady

Fttc installed this morning - just waiting for the profile to be reset

Fttc installed this morning with no problems at all.  BT Openreach engineer was done in my house in less than 20 mins which really surprised me.  He showed me the speed readings 40mb/2mb and asked whether I had a router when he was finished as he'd not done a PlusNet install before.
The only issue seems to be the delay in getting the profile reset once the install is complete.  Just waiting for the trials team to reset my profile (10mb upstream please [Question #41080804]).  This part could do with being streamlined a bit in my humble opinion.
All-in-all a painless process so far.
3 REPLIES 3
phil4
Grafter

Re: Fttc installed this morning - just waiting for the profile to be reset

Quote from: stevecady
This part could do with being streamlined a bit in my humble opinion.

Adam did a sterling job updating my profile so I can't really complain.  However as an observation, I'm in agreement with your view, if I weren't "on a trial", I'd have expected this to have been done as the install occurred, after all, why pay for a shiny flashy box of super-fast goodness, to then find you're still bumping along at ADSL speeds, and need to either wait 48hours, or contact support.
I'm grateful for Adam sorting me out quickly, but plusnet could make themselves look even better to end users, if Adam's quick intervention was automated/the norm.
As I've not experience the commercial package install, your and my fears may be unfounded, but as trials usually setup the commercial offering, I wouldn't be surprised the other way.
itsme
Grafter

Is there an Upstream profile at PN end? I'm aware of a downstream profile but not of an Upstream.
To change from 2mbps to 10mbps Upstream require an order to be placed with BT.
phil4
Grafter

I think it's downstream only.  I certainly got the full upstream speed straight away, leading to upstream perversely being faster than downstream!
If you were provisioned on 2Mb, I'm guessing it was either:
a) A mixup, as all the non-trial installs are supposed to be 2Mb... and they may have installed you as such
or
b) A result of the current decision, which is if your upstream was estimated < 6Mbit, you are automatically put on 2Mb.
Either way, hopefully from Plusnet will be along to help you real soon now.