Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre trials team

gunsmoke
Grafter

Fibre trials team

Hi
Could someone take a look at my question ( 61660842 ) and see if they can find out the info from Openreach please?
I'm worried as I jsut dont know what they intend to do
Thanks
GunSmoke
8 REPLIES 8
AL

Re: Fibre trials team

In the meantime this thread might give some information on what happens when Openreach contractors lay in ducting to a house. This guy's lead in cable failed and to replace it duct was laid. Before any digging happens it seems you are likely to see the site maked up with spray paint:
http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/technical/4153106-how-long-will-it-likely-take-for-openreach-to-fix...
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Gunsmoke,
We've requested the information to find out what the required work is, we've been advised to check for an update on the 5/12 and we'll update you then.
Chris
gunsmoke
Grafter

Thanks Chris
AndyH
Grafter

Did you get the work done gunsmoke?
gunsmoke
Grafter

Still no work done, and still no idea about what they plan to do.
I've no idea if they are planning on going to the side of the house or the front.
I'm pretty sure I have no ducts, I certainly dont have any visible exit for the phone line on the outside of the house.
I still have no date for any of the work.  The only thing I have is a request to dig
Can someone at PN help ?
GunSmoke
AndyH
Grafter

That's poor, I would have thought you'd be up and running by now.
I was calling PN virtually hourly when my contractors hadn't turned up. [mremoved] at PN should be able to help you (in provisioning) and I would give him a call.
I also called OpenReach and started moaning at them too to speed things up (got put through to the FTTP Provisioning people in Yorkshire).
jim:csa
gunsmoke
Grafter

Hi
I'm still waiting to hear how this is all going.  I've not heard anything other than "still open" type emails since mid November
No one has got back to me with what openreach are going to do, or when they are going to do it, or any indication as to when its going to be finished.
Can someone help please?
Thanks
GunSmoke
gunsmoke
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
We've requested the information to find out what the required work is, we've been advised to check for an update on the 5/12 and we'll update you then.
Chris

I've still not heard anything about whats going to happen and when its is going to happen.
phoned yesterday & all I got was along the lines of "wait another fortnight and see if anything has changed"
SURELY your suppliers aren't just sitting on these requests?  Surely someone somewhere must know what is going on and when it is planned for?
GunSmoke