cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

bigladuk
Grafter

Re: Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

Oh, I'm confused because I asked about FTTP not FTTC and I'm on Bradwell Abbey exchange which is enabled as lots of other people on this thread are on it and using it.
I know using the samknows checker it says no FTTC as I assume Milton Keynes ( the majority of it ) is only getting FTTP but as I have fibre in my manhole outside my house I assume it's only a hop skip and a jump before I can join the trial ?
Si
dick:quote
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi Si,
Your postcode is covered for the FTTP trial (or will be, it isn't yet). More than happy to add your details to the list and I'll let you know when it's available. Middleton is due any time now and Loughton is next on the list in a couple of weeks time hopefully, so I'll be in touch.
Just as an aside, the support time tried to give you a call this morning, you should have an email about what they wanted or you can check it at http://contactus.plus.net
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
bigladuk
Grafter

Yeah I'll check my contact details as I didn't receive any calls.
Got the e-mail though and had an amusing phone call with O2 where the man tried to tell me that plusnet don't have any fibre and also that I should stay with them as next month there doing there own phones lines LOL
Any way my MAC code should be here today and then I'll be joining the plusnet family of happy campers shortly followed by FTTP 🙂
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Si
bigladuk
Grafter

Dave,
Quick question, I have 2 friends in MK both wanting to know if they'd be able to join the trial if they moved over to you as an ISP. 
One is on Monkston Park ( very close to me so should be fine ) and the other is in Middleton with the BTChecker for his house showing FTTP enabled.....would you be able to accommodate them ?
Thanks
Si
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Si,
If you want to PM me their postcodes I can check if the areas will be covered, I should note that not everyone in the areas would be able to take part in the trial such as people in blocks of flats or multi business units. I've no limit on the number I can put on the trial so no problem adding them, only problem at the moment is availability. The checker is showing to be unreliable at the moment, Middleton is showing as enabled at the moment when it isn't, or at least wasn't. It should've been enabled this morning and I've placed one order but I've not got confirmation that it's been accepted yet so I'm not placing any more until it's been accepted. I've got the weekly trial call tomorrow so should know more then about the availability but until then feel free to PM me your friends' postcodes and I'll check them for you.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
bowurtz1

Hi there,
I am next door neighbour to Biglad. I have just joined plusnet, and would like to get on the trial as well.
I will be of the exchange of Bradwell Abbey
Regards
Bo
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Working late Dan  Shocked
Now thats comittment for you  Wink
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks Bo, good to have you aboard, will add you to my list and let you know when it's available.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dluisi

Quote from: Ben
@dluisi
Please take a look here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87700.0.html

Ben.
Ran the availabilty checker and telephone number check says NO, Postcode checker say YES 
now confused, also states i am on Wolverton exchange, so is that a definite NO then and when will wolverton go online as the 21CN Exchange Availability checker states Dec2010 ?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Your exchange isn't enabled for FTTC I'm afraid but some cabinets will be upgraded in December, please re-check after then and give us a shout if it's showing as available.
bruceb

Dave
I'm BigLadUK's friend and neighbour, postcode MK10 9PN.
I have just today signed up as a Plusnet customer: can I get any information to you so that I might be considered for the trial?
Many thanks
Bruce
dluisi

Quote from: Ben
Your exchange isn't enabled for FTTC I'm afraid but some cabinets will be upgraded in December, please re-check after then and give us a shout if it's showing as available.

Cheers Ben will do  Cool
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@bruceb
I can't check your number until you're back on the BT Wholesale network but once you are, pop your number into this link and if everything's OK then just raise a ticket Smiley
garyw
Grafter

Hi
I am a new customer and I had my plusnet broadband activated last week (phone is due to transfer over to PlusNet in the next week or two)..
I would like to sign up for the trial. I am on Bradwell Abbey exchange -  I'm in Great Linford and my postcode is MK14 5DT.
The BT Wholesale site doesn't mention anything about FTTP - am I in the trial area and if so can I be put on the list for the trial?
Thanks
Gary
ps - for others in Milton Keynes the MK Broadband Action Group is a good source of info regarding the trial and Broadband issues affecting MK. I understand it is partly because of their good work that Milton Keynes was chosen as a trial FTTP area.
Catechumen

Hi Dave
Thanks for putting me on the fibre trials list. As you know you told me on Wednesday it was cancelled for Friday by BT, but a great surprise surprise Shocked BT turn up on Friday and I told them that it was cancelled and they said there must be some sort of mix up. So he phoned BT head office to see what was going on. When they got back to him it was confirmed that it was not cancelled. So I now have it installed now and working fine. I have a GREAT GREAT GREAT GREAT Cool speed of 94Mbps download and 10Mbps upload.

Thanks alot
Catechumen