cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

gm6988
Dabbler

Re: Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

I too would like to join the trial, I live in MK5 8BD and have just signed up to become a Plusnet customer, I do hope there's still space on the trial but please let me know.
Thanks
Glenn
pjone9
Dabbler

Hi Dave
A number of us volunteers for the trial are due to have FTTP available from 30 July.  What will be the procedure to push forward and get the facility installed?  Will you raise a ticket on our behalf or do we need to do it ourselves.  Have you got an update, is availability still going to be from 30 July?
Regards
Phil
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Keith - your area is in the plan but it's going to be around September, I'll keep note of your details and be in touch when it's available.
jonnywishbone - all I know is that Middleton is the next area to be done, as far as I know all the fibre is laid they've just got finish the exchange end and testing then they can hand over and start placing orders. The last information I had said they were hoping for that to be done next week. Current state of play is that Walnut Tree is done, Middleton fingers crossed next week, Loughton mid August, Walton Park and Kents Hill September.
Glenn - Your postcode is covered so like Keith I'll add you to my list and be in touch when it's available. There are places left on the trial, I've not set an upper limit on how many can take part, will just need to take the begging bowl to finance when I run out of routers Smiley
Phil - we're in a bit of delay apart from Walnut Tree so I'm not expecting that those of you originally with a 30th July date will be show up as it being available tomorrow. If you guys spot it's available before I send you a ticket then just post here and I'll pick it up but my plan is to raise an invite ticket when it's available to you and then you can reply back with the appointment dates, etc. and I'm happy to give anyone a call then if they've questions.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
jonnywishbone
Grafter

I just carried out a test on a walnut tree tel number on the BT Wholesale Broadband availability checker. This is what I got:
"Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a Fibre To The Premises technology with an estimated Broadband downstream line speed of up to 100Mbps and upstream line speed of up to 15Mbps."
So for all those who want to know if they can get it or not, this is what you need to look out for!
I for one will be carrying out the same checks on my line twice daily until it appears, so Dave you can relax now - I will let you know  Wink
BTW - I'll need to buy more biscuits  Embarrassed
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
Dave, my line is now fttp enabled whoop whoop!!!
I await to hear from you...
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Let me see what we can do for you...
Edit: Dave's placed your order Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Done a few quick checks and sent a couple of tickets out to those that are showing as enabled. I'll keep checking the availability for everyone else.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
cjecharman

Just had a call from Dave. BT are coming to connect the FTTP next Friday.  Going from 512k to 100Meg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Cheesy
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Next Friday for me too, lets have a competition on who can get their speed test results up here first!!!
(might offer the engineers redbull instead of tea :D)
dick:quote
dluisi

Is there still a chance of  being put forward for the trial, i live on Heelands  ?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

bigladuk
Grafter

I've just started to migrate from my current ISP O2 to you guys because of your FTTP trial.
I've been checking  the BT checker but as of yet it's still not mentioning FTTP but just on Saturday morning there was a guy pulling fibre through in to my man hole from the cabinet so if it's not showing available yet it must only be a matter of weeks away.
Can I be added to the waiting list for the trial please ?
I'm off the Bradwell Abbey exchange
Thanks
Si
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Sorry to say, but all the checks I have just done have no info on FTTC for your exchange
bigladuk
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Sorry to say, but all the checks I have just done have no info on FTTC for your exchange

Was that a reply to me ?
Si
pierre_pierre
Grafter

yes