Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

Grandpa
Grafter

Re: Fibre to the Premises - FTTP Trial

Thanks for that Changi,
I will bear that in mind although I do back all my e-mails etc. up to my NAS drive, I would hate to loose my web site/settings etc so will defiantly keep an eye on them.
madjbright
Grafter

@Grandpa, that is good news. At least the trial order process does appear to be working although without any feedback and not as quickly as we would like. As you applied on 20th March and I applied on 29th March then I suppose that I have another 8 days to wait (although I would like it to be quicker than that).
@Plusnet. The progress of Fibre, and in particular the new FTTP availability, in Whitchurch, Hants, is being followed closely and reported on the town Web site, http://whitchurch.org.uk/news/fibre-finally-lights-up-but-some-still-in-the-dark/. In particular I have offered to report on my sign-up and installation progress. It would be good to report that Plusnet has been fast and efficient with their process. It might help to bring you some more customers.
Grandpa
Grafter

@madjbright all I would say is keep an eye on your order progress and if it is not moving within the time scales that you would expect make a fuss, It would appear that PlusNet really don't have many people dealing with FTTP orders and I think they are getting swamped so a little push here and there may help Smiley
I think its time PlusNet realised that the amount of people requiring FTTP is increasing at quite a large rate as BT upgrade more of the systems to fibre, admittedly the majority will be FTTC for now but eventually even people with FTTC may be upgraded to FTTP, One thing is for sure the demand is going to go up not down and it is about time PlusNet offered FTTP as a standard package (Same as FTTC) and dedicate more staff to the FTTP order process.
While I'm at it, credit where credit is due, Once PlusNet finally got round to dealing with mine and Hustlers FTTP order, we received not only an update on our tickets but a phone call from Mathew Cassell (One of the PlusNet CS team) and I must say he was excellent. He has arranged for me and Hustler to have Fibre installed on the same day (as we are neighbours) and has kept us informed throughout the process the sort of service you would expect from PlusNet.   
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Good afternoon everybody,
Firstly I would like to apologise to everyone who has posted a message requesting FTTP over the last couple of months. Due to time constrictions, I haven't been able to provision anywhere near as many accounts as I would ideally like to have done.
I have currently been allocated plenty of time to catch up and finally be up to date with the trials. Furthermore, I am training one of my colleagues in FTTP, who will also be helping me out with your orders.
I'm pretty confident that I will have replied to you all by the Easter Bank Holiday at the very latest, so I would just like to thank you all for being so patient, and I'll look forward to responding to your queries. Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
logindukas82
Grafter

hi,are there is any way if you can check availability for fttp trial in spalding?
Grandpa
Grafter

AndyH
Grafter

@ logindukas82 - You're exchange provides a mixture of FTTC and FTTP:
EMSPDNG SPALDING MARKET FTTC/P Now South Holland District

FTTP will probably be available in very limited areas. If you are able to get FTTC, you cannot get FTTP (it is either one or the other). If you're in a FTTC area and want FTTP, the only option at present would be to get FTTPoD which is going to be extremely expensive.
You can probably contact http://www.onlincolnshire.org/ and they might tell you which areas have FTTP.
logindukas82
Grafter

hmm,intresting news,when i check http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/EMSPDNG its realy shows that in some areas is avalaible.okay thanks for leting me know,i will check this further.Also if i understand right,PN can't confirm it for me are its avalable in st cab 51 ?
AndyH
Grafter

Do you have FTTC now and are you on Cabinet 51? If so, FTTP will not be provided to anyone connected to this cabinet. The only alternative is to get FTTPoD (which will cost thousands).
logindukas82
Grafter

yes,i am on cabinet 51,yes i do have fttc already 😞 its realy funny,when i was on LLU conection i was waiting for FTTC,and now i seek whit FTTC because i can't get FTTP  Grin  its realy funny Grin
so whitsh cabinets gona be FTTP avalaible in spalding ?
AndyH
Grafter

You'll have to contact OnLincolnshire and they should tell you the FTTP cabinets/areas. I would imagine you're looking at a very small number of areas, probably less than 10% of homes.
There's very few benefits for you to having FTTP right now compared to FTTC (if you are able to get 70Mbps as per your signature).
logindukas82
Grafter

yes i'm geting arround 70Mbps,but estimate line is set to 77.40and i'm not actualy sure why.Befor ordering Fttc i was promised to get nearly 80Mbps,cose i'm under 200m from st cab....any way,will speak whit onlincolnshire and see what they say...thanks
jtaylor0990

Hi, I am also on the Bradwell Abbey exchange in Milton Keynes. I would really appreciate joining the FTTP trial as I'm currently on a 0.47Mbps connection! (a ticket is in progress...) There's no FTTC available yet.
Thank you!!
AndyH
Grafter

Hi
Where about's in MK are you? MK is a mix of FTTP and FTTC, although some areas are still awaiting fibre.
Zarniw00p

Hi,

I am very very interested in joining the FTTP trial  Cheesy
Regards
Philip