cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre rollout delays?

gofaster
Rising Star

Fibre rollout delays?

I have been monitoring the expected date for FTTC to be available at my exchange (Uckfield) since they dug a few holes and installed a new green cabinet near me last year.
Originally it said 31st Dec 2010
In December it changed to 31st March 2011
In March it changed to 30th June 2011
Guess what?
It just changed to 30th September 2011
Does anyone else see a pattern emerging here?  Angry
6 REPLIES 6
sourceit
Grafter

Re: Fibre rollout delays?

You're not in Ashford are you.  I had the exact same dates and then all of a sudden it dropped to 27th July and then last week it went to available.  Only problem then was that the BT Wholesale phone number checker wasn't in sync with the postcode checker and it took two more days to change to being orderable.  My install is due tomorrow.  Hope yours gets to you soon.
grahamt
Rising Star

Same thing happened to me in Brighton (Withdean exchange). In my case the date went (in 3-month intervals) from Dec 2010 to Dec 2011. Very annoying. Then - as with Source IT - my date changed a couple of weeks ago to 20th July, and indeed FTTC did go live for my cabinet on that date (and the Plusnet Product Change Tool reflected this on the same day to offer me the Fibre products - a great example of joined-up systems, for once). So keep checking.
Graham
sourceit
Grafter

Nice install too.  Estimated 29.2Mb down 6.2Mb up.  Actually getting 34.0Mb (4.27MB/s) down and 7.5Mb(0.94MB/s) up!
rdowns
Grafter

Hi all,
Not sure if anyone else is aware of this, but Warwickshire county council put a block on FTTC cabinet installations in April for over three months, effectively halting the rollout for the whole county.  Information received directly from Openreach local management.  Block is lifted as of the end of July 2011 and installations beginning again.
Hope this is of use...
gofaster
Rising Star

Woo and indeed hoo
Last week my expected date changed to 3rd August (note that this is NOT the last day of the month) and today it claims that it is available.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
The dates that you see listed are generally just guidelines. If the exchange isn't enabled then the date is set as the date they expect the exchange to go live, if the exchange is ready then the cab dates are on a 3 month moving date until they are ready. We've seen some exchanges go live with some of the cabs and then it can take over 6 months for the rest of the cabs to be done. With Muswell Hill, the first exchange that went live 2 years ago some cabs took 18 months as they were in conservation areas. If the date is more than 2 weeks ahead then it will just be an estimate as Openreach only publish cabinet release dates 2 weeks ahead of the go live date. So as gofaster notes if you get a date that isn't the last day of the month and it's less than 2 weeks away then the cab is just about ready.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology