cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre order

Si62
Dabbler

Fibre order

Moved into brand new home on 25th May. 2 weeks before moving in visited property and openreach fibre kit already installed and connected as part of deal with the developer. Advised Plusnet expecting somewhat naively that activation would be quick and simple! Still waiting for my service to be activated! Rang on Saturday and was told that they had escalated to Openreach and that I would have an update yesterday.......nothing! Tried to call  but 30 minute waiting time.How long is this going to take and why the delay?

Not doing me proud.....

23 REPLIES 23
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Fibre order

Sorry to hear about the delays you've had.

The confusion has been caused due to your new property only having FTTP so we can't give you ADSL or a phone line as it's not physically possible.

We can look at putting you on our FTTP trial however you would have to look into a VOIP service to be able to make calls.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Si62
Dabbler

Thank you for your reply. My immediate question is why hasn't anyone explained that to me?

I spoke to someone yesterday to say that I wanted my phone package removed from my products anyway. So presumably you can now press ahead with the fibre activation on the basis that I cannot have a have phone line anyway?

How do I escalate this to get my broadband activated urgently as I need it to work from home?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately it appears they didn't check for this and in all fairness the only reason I checked is because you stated somebody had been to the property.

We'd need you to sign up to the trial first by going here. Once you've done that just respond here and we'll get the orders placed as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Si62
Dabbler

If this is a trial what happens at the end of the trial?

Si62
Dabbler

The link you provided is for new customer? I am an existing customer?Huh

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can you try this one instead?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Si62

The "trial" has been running a long time with no sign of it being brought to a conclusion. As such PlusNet support staff will not be able to state what happens if it does end. Worst case is they cancel the service and give you 30 days  to transfer to a new provider.

The Trial is only for existing customers only so you should qualify.

Because it's a trial the service is not integrated into the PlusNet back office systems. For example you can't get PlusNet TV (though you can get the BT Sport app). More importantly few staff have been trained on FTTP matters - generally speaking phone and live chat staff know little or nothing about it.

This forum is the best place for support.

Note that FTTP doesn't require a phone line so if you don't need one it is a very, very cheap deal. There's a £2.50 surcharge for Internet only (so £18.50 for the "Up to 38" service). You already have the ONT installed in your house so that helps.

Brian

Si62
Dabbler

I've done that now asking to be signed up and activated for the trial urgently. Due to the error and delays being at your end are you able to push my order through urgently and expedite it?

Si62
Dabbler

I'd like to up to 66 please not 38

this delay is affecting my bossiness now, how long will it take to get activated?

Si62
Dabbler

Buisiness not bossiness!!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid we'd need you to state on the ticket which package you want to be on and that you agree to the terms before we can progress it further.

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Si62

When I said this forum was the best place for support I should have said the "Fibre to the Premises Trial" forum.

Brian

Si62
Dabbler

FTTP trial

Previous posts of mine were in the fibre forum so hopefully Brian will pick this up.

my new build property has FTTP and a phone line installed - the Openreach kit is live and lit up. the developer has confirmed that there is fttp as well as a phone line - I had been told by Plusnet this morning that it was not possible to have a phone line??? I am becoming increasingly frustrated with this whole process now and conflicting information.

please can someone just help me get my broadband activated as this is beyond painful.

Si62
Dabbler

ok have posted in that forum.