cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre in Broughton, Milton Keynes

rdc

Fibre in Broughton, Milton Keynes

Hello.
Does anyone have any info on provision of FTTx in the Broughton Gate (new build) area of Milton Keynes? (MK10 7DL)
The OpenReach updates on the Council website are all over the place (it gets added, then removed). Nobody seems to know what's happening.
If anyone's got an info I'd love to hear it!
Robin (in the land that broadband forgot).
5 REPLIES 5
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Fibre in Broughton, Milton Keynes

I'm afraid BT Wholesale's spreadsheet has no dates set for your exchange.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
ashgeo
Grafter

Robin,
Trust me you are not in the only part of the country that Broadband forgot..... There are many people who read this forum that are green with envy for those that have any of the FTTx connections - even when they are slow.  I am currently waiting on Openreach to install FTTx where I live in Ashford, Kent (NDASF, RFS date 31.12.10). Shiny new green cabs along with the appropriate fibre have runs gone everywhere except where I live. I find Openreach not very "Open" and their customer services do not "Reach" out to the end user so they can find out what their plans are!   Shocked
Until something is done, like where you are, I will have to persevere with my sometimes 1meg narrowband up to 20meg broadband! Oh for the day we can use 4OD and ITV catch up etc etc!
Seasons greetings!
Regards,
George
rdc

Thanks.
Irritating thing is that the exchange (Bradwell Abbey) is enabled.. But it's BT's rollout of the service to individual areas that is the issue. Seems that they publish information then re-hash it all the time.
Seems stupid that MK is a new, planned town. Nobody is very far from the exchange, but decisions made years ago mean that ADSL doesn't really work well and that it's hard to roll out new technology.  Roll_eyes
Maybe Dave knows where they are with it, if he's around?
Robin.
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi
I've just checked your postcode on Sam Knows and can see that your local exchange is Bradwell Abbey. I live in Monkston so have the same exchange.
I have been on the FTTP trial for about 3 weeks but waited a long time to get it!
For me it was simply a case of checking the BT availability checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome on a weekly basis to check when the fibre in my street had been enabled.
It was obvious things were progressing on Monkston with all the BT and TCC vans throughout the summer. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Broughton.
Cheers
Howard
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi Robin,
Like Howard says you're on the Bradwell Abbey exchange which has been enabled for the FTTP trial but it looks like your area hasn't been done. The Bradwell Abbey exchange serves around 30,000 properties, BT's original plan was that FTTP would be available to around half of those. When they started the build the realised that some of the areas weren't going to be possible for various reasons. They announced that the rollout is complete a few weeks ago with coverage to about 10,500 of the properties.
Sadly that means that 4,500 of the properties that were originally going to be able to get FTTP have been removed from the trial area and another 15,000 can't get it either because they weren't included in the first place. I know when we were first looking at the trial nearly everyone that was expressing interest turned out to be in the areas that weren't being done.
BT have said that at some point they are likely to review the area and see if they can do FTTC in the areas they missed but that's unlikely to be any time soon.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology