Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre To The Premises.

mgillespie1
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Fibre To The Premises.

Like most people (I suspect), I really don't want a home phone, despite having to pay for one, a data only line would be fine (and actually better, as the only calls I ever get on the home phone, as scammers that OFCOM don't seem to be able to control).

Anyway, with this in mind, looking at the prices of FTTP On Demand (Fibre To The Premises), a data only line of downstream 160Mbit/s upstream /30Mbit/s   costs £253 a year, or £21 a month to rent.

Given my current fibre to the cabinet and line rental costs more than this, are there any downsides to just binning when I have and going to a full fibre, data only line, that is free of scammers, and costs less???

Do Plusnet offer FTTP?

2 REPLIES 2
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Fibre To The Premises.

@mgillespie1 wrote:

Do Plusnet offer FTTP?

Not currently.  There was a trial which has now ended pending investigations into introducing a new service.  And I do not believe that PN are likely to offer FTTPoD in the near future?

Anyway, with this in mind, looking at the prices of FTTP On Demand (Fibre To The Premises), a data only line of downstream 160Mbit/s upstream /30Mbit/s   costs £253 a year, or £21 a month to rent.

This looks remarkably cheap for FTTPoD (which is a significantly different product offering to standard FTTP)  Installation costs are usually £x,000 +.  Where do these numbers come from?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Fibre To The Premises.

Hi there.

Unfortunately we've recently closed our FTTP trial for new applicants though that wasn't ever for FTTP On Demand as this service is extremely costly mainly because most of the fibre work would still need to be done.

If you can PM me your username I'll be happy to see if there's anything we can do to bring your costs down for your current FTTC service.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet