Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTPoD again

acarneiro
Grafter

FTTPoD again

Hi guys
My cabinet has JUST been enable for FTTC. I thought teh rollout also included FTTP but this doesn't seem to ahve been the case.
Can you tell me whether FTTPoD is available, and roughly what the dreaded construction charge thingie would be? Although I live across the road from the cabinet, I don't actually know where the nearest node aggregator is...
Thanks! Cheesy
André
2 REPLIES 2
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTPoD again

Hi André,
FTTPoD isn't available yet on your cab, the plan is to cover all FTTC enabled areas but they don't always get done at the same time. Best thing is to keep an eye on the BT checker as that will update when you can get it:
http://dslchecker.bt.com/
We can't check the install cost until it's available unfortunately, the starting price is £1100+VAT but short distance from the cab doesn't always mean it's the lowest cost as it's distance to the nearest fibre aggregation node which could be anywhere so could end up being a lot more (next band up is £1800+VAT).
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
acarneiro
Grafter

Re: FTTPoD again

That's great, Dave, thanks.
The paranoid amongst us would say BT are purposefully making teh service stupidly expensive so it doesn't compete with its Ethernet commercial products...
But maybe it's only paranoia Wink

I'll check later.
André