Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP trial request

lewer10
Dabbler

FTTP trial request

Hi,
I've put in a request for FTTP trail via the wizard on Sunday and haven't heard anything back yet
The question number is 107679649. Should I have heard something by now?
Many thanks
Richard
11 REPLIES 11
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: FTTP trial request

Hi Richard,
Leave this with me and I'll make sure it's picked up shortly.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
certa

i Submitted a request for FTTP trial via the wizard on Saturday 11 Jul, ticket no 107261296. and i've not heard anything yet from the trials team and its nearing the 2 weeks period that is mentioned on the trials page for replies.
UKenGB
Grafter

And another here. Replies to these requests seem to be taking rather a long time. Why?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'll try my best to get both cases looked up tomorrow. 
The reason they're taking a long time is that there's not enough resource trained on FTTP. There's unlikely to be any more trained soon, as it's all hands on deck with other stuff at the moment. Unfortunately, you will have to deal with the wait times. My apologies for this.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
certa

Thanks Matty  for looking into it,
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Have a colleague placing your orders once he's off his break.  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Grandpa
Grafter

Hi,
My next door neighbour is currently signed up with BT on FTTP (So all the equipment is installed) and their contract with them is now up and they want to switch to Plusnet, Is this possible and if so how should they go about doing it?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It should be possible and I believe there will be a few different ways around it. However I would suggest that they sign up for ADSL, wait until we've got them online and they are officially a customer and then once they're up and running, sign up for the FTTP Trial
They may need to get the current FTTP services ceased with BT Retail, which is part of the reason I think they should get on ADSL with us first, prior to us activating FTTP.
Let me know if they decide to proceed with this  Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Grandpa
Grafter

Ok Thanks Harry,
I have passed on your information to my neighbour, And I think he is going to sign up to PlusNet ADSL and go from there like you suggest. My only reservation is that when we carried out a "PlusNet chat session" with one of your advisers he stated that PlusNet were no longer taking members for the FTTP trial, Would this be a problem even though all the FTTP equipment is already in place.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The trial was stopped briefly a while ago, however it was soon brought back and is still available to sign up for here.
If in the unlikely chance that the trial is stopped again in the next few weeks (I'm not expecting it to be) and your neighbour has any problems getting on the trial, let me know and I'll make sure it's picked up.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Grandpa
Grafter

Ok Thanks for that Harry, I will pass it on.