cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP trial - have Plusnet account

Ubernoob

FTTP trial - have Plusnet account

Hi,

My property has FTTP, I'm currently on BT Infinity 2 but really want to switch.  From reading below I can see people are being advised to move to ADSL so they can register for the FTTP trial - however I don't seem to be able to register with Plusnet - I get the error "Broadband is not available in your area".

I am actually a Plusnet customer for another property I own, not sure if this has any bearing...

Adrian

4 REPLIES 4
Reno
Hooked

Re: FTTP trial - have Plusnet account

Hi,

you may be in the same situation as me, a new property where FTTP is installed but BT hasn't bothered activating the exchange for ADSL, so PN says broadband not available. Did you try the DSL checker for your address?

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/pls/adsl/ADSLChecker.address

That being said, since you have a PN account, why not try the trial subscription page for this property and see how far that gets you?

libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Native FTTP? Or do you have a copper line too?

Ubernoob

I'm native FTTP.  And to answer the earlier question, my number / address do not show up on the DSL checker (I understand BT probably have not setup the exchange).

libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Then you won't be able to sign up as a new customer, as FTTP is only available as a trial for existing customers. I guess you could try moving the account that you do have with Plusnet to the new address, and then after take out a new account for the first address... I'm sure someone from staff will post about the feasibility of that soon. Smiley