cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP stopped working

clanla
Grafter

FTTP stopped working

I joined the trial a month ago and the broadband has been working ok since then. Yesterday though it suddenly stopped (I was not doing anything at the time as far as I am aware).  The PON and Port 1 leds are green on the Openreach box but the router is showing just the orange light. When I connect to the router it says Disconnected for the status. I have power cycled the Openreach box and the router, I have even factory reset the router and I have tried manually entering the credentials (myusename@plusdsl.net and my password) all to no avail.  I have phoned the help desk and they have raised a ticket (#154264172).  Is there anything else I can try whilst I wait for help?

19 REPLIES 19
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: FTTP stopped working

Hi there, checking your line is now showing a connection. Are you still experiencing issues?

If you do experience issue we just need a fault reporting at https://faults.plus.net in the usual manner.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
clanla
Grafter

I have temporarily re-connected via the ADSL, which seems still to be working. I will disconnect from that again if it causes confusion.   I have already phoned and reported the fault (ticket #154264172).

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm afraid that's not a fault ticket, I've passed that back as the agent has not followed any process at all. Can you use the link I've provided please, just skip through any irrelevant questions. Let me know when you've done so and we'll get the fault picked up.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
clanla
Grafter

Ok thanks Chris. I have reported the fault, #154322823
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for raising the fault, I've reported that through to our suppliers. To progress the fault, we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. Can you reply to this ticket with your availability, letting us know on here once you've replied.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
clanla
Grafter

Thanks for looking into this. I have replied to the ticket with available timeslots.

Since the ADSL still works is it ok to use that while the fault is looked into?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm not sure how your ADSL service would still work as the FTTP order has completed, but yeah sure I'd go for it. The appointment is all booked in now and I've updated your ticket.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I think it's a bit suspicious that your ADSL is working and that PlusNet saw this as a connection, I wonder if for some strange reason your connection has reverted to ADSL. You shouldn't be able to have both ADSL and FTTP on the same contract. Is it exactly one month you've had FTTP or just roughly that period of time. I have a feeling this has happened to another customer in the past. @Gandalf is there any possibility of checking for this?

beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

It is certainly possible to have both ADSL and FTTP circuits "live". In the early years of the trial this was the norm. My ADSL was left running as I had some teething problems with FTTP in the first months. It may still be there for all I know, but I think I mentioned in passing to one of the reps a while back that it could probably be switched off - I have had only one 20 minute FTTP circuit failure in > 3 years

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@RealAleMadrid FTTP orders are placed against the address and are not connected to the ADSL connection in any way.

It's likely just a case that when the FTTP order completed, the advisor forgot to place a cease order against the ADSL.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
clanla
Grafter

Thanks all for the input. I must say I am very pleased that the ADSL was left on, by accident or otherwise. At least it means I have some broadband even if running at 1.5Mbps instead of 36 Smiley

Hopefully it can be left on a bit longer after the current issue is sorted, until it is proven that my connection is stable.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I realise the FTTP service is not related to the telephone line but I would interested in what services or assets are shown on the OP's account, could the FTTP service have been ceased by mistake?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We're able to test the FTTP service and raise a fault against the asset so it's not been ceased.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
clanla
Grafter

No sign of the engineer in the allotted time slot this afternoon, and it is still not working. I see that there is a charge of £65 if I am not here when the engineer arrives, but no mention of what happens if the engineer does not turn up.  I have updated the ticket with times when I am available.