Did you mean: 

FTTP speeds this weekend

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

FTTP speeds this weekend

Hi guys,
Quick heads up for those on FTTP. We're going to do a bit of stress testing on one of the SVLANs over the next few days so it's possible that some of you might see a bit slower speeds while this is happening.
This won't affect ADSL or FTTC.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
6 REPLIES 6
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Re: FTTP speeds this weekend

Thanks for the heads up!
Is it worth reporting back on our user experiences over this weekend, or that not the purpose of the stress testing.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Yeah please. There are 2 backhaul links out of the Bradwell Abbey exchange, we're only going to be testing one of them. I think there's a fairly even split of people on each one, but I don't know who is on which so it could be you'll see normal speeds, I don't know. But yeah, please post what you see. Also if you fancy downloading overnight then please do, will help with the stress test to bump the bandwidth up even further.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
wzhpdh

I've seen the effects of this. I've dropped from 85mbps to 20mbps in Walnut tree.
andypearson
Grafter

Hi Dave
a quick update from me... my "correct" NetGear wiireless router arrived this morning  Smiley and I am now up and running across the house on various cabled and wireless devices. My speedtest (via Speedtest.net) showed I was getting an amazing 86Mbps on cabled connections though currently "only" around 15-18Mbps on wireless devices - still great though compared to the 1.8mbps cabled connection I was getting through ADSL. Many thanks for all your help on this - chasing BT, getting the "right" modem/router to me quickly etc.
Very pleased....  Cheesy
Andy
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Dave
Fortunately no effect for me!
isposure is currently showing 93.15Mbps.  Cheesy
Cheers
Howard
youngsyp
Grafter

Hi Dave,
No effect for me either.
In fact, my wireless connections were much more consistent at around 85Mb/s. Someone in the vicinity must have gone away for the weekend!
Paul