cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP slow speeds at night dropping to under 40mb down

randall1uk

FTTP slow speeds at night dropping to under 40mb down

Trying to found out if any one else has had issues with slow speeds with FTTP at night, as most night my speeds drop to between 20mb and 40mb or lower when I should be getting 80/20 this has been on going from when it was install but openreach and plusnet keep just pushing it back to each other and I have to spend hours on the phone and days sitting at home for openreach to turn up for him to just put his light meter on the fiber and tell me there is nothing wrong with the fiber and it has to be plusnet. The problem is the engineer will only come round between 8am and 6pm and all he has to test the line is a light meter and in the day time the speeds are fine 75mb/18mb but it is in the night normal after about 9pm when I start to notice it slowing down and you would of thought that as this is a trail that Plusnet and openreach would want to found out why this is happening before letting everyone have it, but there are not and it takes days to get any reply's from messages on line, Openreach come out on Tuesday and I still haven't had a update from plusnet about the visit.Sorry to go on a bit but am getting frustrated with the lack of help from plusnet and openreach. If anyone has any ideas to get this fix I would be more then grateful for your help.
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: FTTP slow speeds at night dropping to under 40mb down

Which exchange are you on?
More than likely going to be SVLAN congestion.
randall1uk

I am on the Newquay exchange
General Information
Exchange name: Newquay
Exchange code: WWNEWQ
Postcode: TR72QY
Thanks
AndyH
Grafter

I think you need to raise a fault ticket - hopefully one of the DC guys from PN will pick up this thread and check their monitoring to see if other users are affected.
tigercook
Dabbler

i have the same problem, did you get this resolved?