Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP service trouble

psu4cd001
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

FTTP service trouble

Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help/advise. I've had FTTP since August 2018 and I've been really happy with the service. The only glitch has been on the accounts side when I cancelled my home telephone around March 2019. Since then there were a lot of overcharges, apologies, more overcharges. So I changed from Direct Debit to paying by debit card to ensure I was not being overcharged in future months.

Debit card payments were working well, I received Plusnet emails confirming I'd paid, all happy again. That is until Monday 18th, my Internet stopped-orange light. When I queried this, I was told my account was seized due to being sent to the debt collection department; this despite having paid last week and having the confirmation Plusnet email.

Plusnet accepted the mistake was their end, and to ring back yesterday afternoon to see if the debt can be retracted. On ringing yesterday I was told the only way to get back online is to open a new account. On agreeing to open a new account I was told I would have to have an ADSL line and phone package, due to the FTTP trial no longer being offered. So  I have gone from a happy FTTP user to having to purchase a data sim and wifi box just to get online again.

I use my internet for work and have come to depend on the higher fibre speed. Plus it has been really handy to video support with my elderly parents since covid 19. I really don't want to go back to ADSL. If Plusnet can't help, will another provider take over the FTTP?

Sorry for long winded tale.
Regards,
Russ

7 REPLIES 7
Dodger21
Grafter

Re: FTTP service trouble

I can sympathise with you after resigning to a new 12 month contract in January it took 3 months to get the direct debit sorted correctly.

If Plusnet have terminated your contract you should be free to leave and go to another ISP, of course the downside to this is making sure you are not left without a connection.

BT would be the obvious choice, but you would need to check to see who has a presence in you exchange, try this: Click 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Russ thanks again for your time on the phone. I'm really sorry to see what has happened.

As discussed we'd need to create a new account and initially this will have to be created as a standard broadband account, because our website doesn't recognise FTTP as a fibre product however as soon as the account's created, I plan to manually apply the deal we've discussed to put things right and reactivating your FTTP service should take 1 working day.

If you can drop me a private message with your new username once it's signed up, I'll take things from there.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Dodger21
Grafter

Good to see,that customer service is still alive and well.

psu4cd001
Dabbler

Thanks for your message Dodger21. I have to admit it was a great relief to hear from Gandalf.

Russ

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the kind words, no problem at all I'm really sorry again for the problems. Glad to see you're back up and running only within a couple of hours following placing the FTTP reactivation order with our suppliers. The order's still committed to complete in the supplier systems tomorrow but that'd would likely just be admin work and shouldn't affect your service.

After some careful planning with a colleague from our billing team, I've got your new account on our side almost sorted out now and I'm going to follow things up tomorrow. Let me know if there are any further issues. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
psu4cd001
Dabbler

Thank you Anoush,

From feeling pretty despondent about the situation these last couple of days, you have so restored my faith in Plusnet.

Thanks for your quick response and efficient sorting, it is really appreciated.

Cheers,

Russ

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Not a problem Russ, sorry again for the issues I can't apologise enough. Reading back through the ticket history I can see you've had a terrible time of billing issues this past year. Sad Looking back at the oldest ticket (174325682) soon to be archived (we archive tickets when they reach 2 years old) brings back memories of providing FTTP almost 2 years ago. Smiley

I've just added a reply to the ticket 201927767 I've raised on your new account Here with some detail on what I'm doing next.

Cheers,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet