cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP order completed but nothing's happened!

rebeccabg
Dabbler

FTTP order completed but nothing's happened!

Hi, please can I have some clarification about what's going on with our FTTP?

We already had an ONT box when we moved into the house. An engineer came and said that the previous owner's connection was still active and needed to be switched to ours. The router just has a red power light. Two weeks later, I received notification that the FTTP order was going to complete 30/08/17 but nothing appears to have happened. 

Please can I have reassurance that we're not going to be charged for the fibre and our ADSL won't be disconnected until this is sorted?

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTP order completed but nothing's happened!

Hi there,

Sorry to see this, I can see a note against the order advising that the appointment on the 30th was missed. I'm aware we haven't advised you that an appointment was necessary (as it may well not have been).

I've flagged this up with the appropriate team so I'll get you a response to ticket 153534370 soon and don't worry you won't lose your ADSL connection or get billed for fibre in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rebeccabg
Dabbler

Sorry to post again but we finally got FTTP working two weeks ago (and it's an amazing improvement!) However as of yesterday it has stopped working again. This coincides with an engineer coming to confirm it was working. I spoke to him this morning and he said he didn't do anything physical. He advised we reboot the box and otherwise thought it was something done st plusnet end in response to the job being signed off. Unfortunately our ADSL is not working now either so we have no broadband at all.
The router light is back to orange. The power and port 1 lights on the ONT are on and the PON light is flashing... not sure what this means.
Please could we get this fixed ASAP or at least have our ADSL reinstated in the mean time.?
Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for the lack of response on here.

I can see we've since arranged an engineer visit and you're back up and running?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rebeccabg
Dabbler

Yes it's working now, thanks. The number on the ONT was different to the one registered on the system.