cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP only - new customers?

Twiglet
Dabbler

FTTP only - new customers?

Hi, we moved to an FTTP only development earlier this year and Plusnet connected us. Other residents are now interested but aren't having any luck with calling as the call centre staff say the trial is over or they know nothing about it. Is it possible for them to also join Plusnet, and how best to go about this? All the properties are FTTP ready with ONT installed. Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTP only - new customers?

Hi @Twiglet,
Sorry to disappoint but we can only accept existing broadband customers on the FTTP trial.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Unfortunately we have the exact same issue in our development, BT have pretty much complete monopoly in the development of 1000 houses as no one else does FTTP and people really aren't happy about it. I'm so glad I was with PN before I moved!
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

I just had a thought... Adam if a resident were to sign up to link:csa removed then technically this makes them a Plusnet customer... Would they then be able to upgrade to FTTP?
adie:orange removed link to no longer supported product as it may cause confusion]
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@buntrob
Cough, Zen ,cough https://www.zen.co.uk/business/broadband/fibre-optic-broadband/fttp-broadband.aspx
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Twiglet
Dabbler

Quote from: buntrob
Unfortunately we have the exact same issue in our development, BT have pretty much complete monopoly in the development of 1000 houses as no one else does FTTP and people really aren't happy about it. I'm so glad I was with PN before I moved!

It really is a shame - every other provider demands that you take a telephone line as well, doubling the cost, which is really unnecessary with FTTP. It looks like we've been very lucky, but Plusnet would have a captive audience in this development of 400 flats, everyone's sick of BT and the issues they've had trying to get connected (which it seems, only actually requires speaking to someone familiar with FTTP and them pressing a button!).
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

@George - It's good that Zen offer a full range of FTTP/FTTC products but they are significantly expensive - ok if you are on a good salary and can justify the extra expense.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I just had a thought... Adam if a resident were to sign up to https://www.plus.net/prod...l/payg/payg_standard.html then technically this makes them a Plusnet customer...

No, to clarify we only accept existing broadband customers on to the trial.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The response from PN does seem to be just a little illogical? Undecided
As I understand the thread:
In  a new development specifically wired up for FTTP connection as part of the build,  a potential  Plusnet customer would have to install a new line and ADSL Broadband as a precursor to  swapping to the FTTP trial whilst a BT customer can move directly to FTTP 
Very odd
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Twiglet
Dabbler

Yes this is the problem for us - no copper lines at all so we can't get ADSL and are extremely restricted, seemingly only to suppliers who require an unnecessary phone line thus doubling the cost. We originally tried to  sign up to FTTC (we weren't told our property was fibre only, it took many failed installation bookings from Sky and Plusnet for us to find out). When we did find out, Plusnet just sent out a router and switched us on overnight.
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: MauriceC
In  a new development specifically wired up for FTTP connection as part of the build,  a potential  Plusnet customer would have to install a new line and ADSL Broadband as a precursor to  swapping to the FTTP trial whilst a BT customer can move directly to FTTP 

Or switch to Plusnet at their previous address, so that when they move into the new development they can take Plusnet with them. Which is what I've ended up doing.
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Quote from: MauriceC
The response from PN does seem to be just a little illogical? Undecided
Very odd
M

I agree Maurice, as you may have read here I have been wondering what PN really what to do with FTTP
I'm just glad that eventually I discovered we had it in the street and now have it