Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP new customer possible yet?

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

FTTP new customer possible yet?

Hi guys,

I live in a new build estate with pure FTTP installed, unfortunately this means very few ISPs can be used. I'd say 99% are stuck on BT and struggling to afford their pricing with the other 1% on PN.

Can anything at all be done by PN to help out the 700 homes stuck with BT?
6 REPLIES 6
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: FTTP new customer possible yet?

I'm sorry to say that there have been no changes on this matter and I can only really echo my response from another thread:

HarryB wrote:

the trial is unfortunately only open to existing customers, so the best advice I can give really is that you would need to join as an ADSL customer and then once you have an account, register for the FTTP trial at http://trials.plus.net

If ADSL is also available in the area, you'd be able to sign up as an ADSL customer and then sign up to the trial as a few other customers have done:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-To-The-Premises-trial/Another-BT-FTTP-to-Plusnet-FTTP-trial-swit...

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Thanks Harry, I thought as much but I'd ask anyway since residents are really unhappy about being stuck on BT retail. 

Unfortunately the area has FTTP only so I don't think there's any way to become an existing customer with you then? Unless you can think of something? Cheesy

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's a shame, I'm not aware of any other way to get on the trial at the moment. Nothing in the pipeline to change that at the moment, but things can change so it's worth keeping an eye out for it Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stuart1978

In my last house, i was a plusnet FTTC customer and I moved into a new build with FTTP, a little over 2 years ago now.  I couldn't fault the plusnet service at my old address all but I had no choice but to cancel because of the FTTP.  I did ask plusnet at the time about moving my service and upgrading but they told me they couldn't do it.  I am also stuck with BT and the lack of FTTP ISPs is a pain - especially seeing as there are so many offers for FTTC broadband just now - that we cannot take advantage of.

Plusnet - why can existing BT FTTP users not move to plusnet?  You are after all, owned by BT!

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

stuart1978 wrote:

Plusnet - why can existing BT FTTP users not move to plusnet?

Unfortunately we're not able to set up FTTP accounts. It's not to hard to trick an account to change to FTTP when moving it on to the trial, but setting up a brand new account from scratch isn't quite the same.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
stuart1978

That's a shame as plusnet is probably the easiest ISP to move to from BT.  From what I'm seeing here there are no plans to change this.

FTTP may be great when it comes to speed  but the lack of competition in terms of ISPs who offer it and the even fewer who offer FVA for those who need a landline mean that most FTTP users will be stuck with BT.

Tags (1)