Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP issues

FIXED
jayp
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

FTTP issues

Last month I cancelled my phone services and retained the fttp services. The customer services agent checked if this was possible and then proceeded to terminate my phone immediately and apply the credit to my fttp services.

I received an email later in the day that my account had been terminated even though i had made no such instruction. I replied to the email as i could no longer log in and it "bounced" back with an automated response that replies to those emails were not reviewed( how stupid!). So there was no way possible to raise an electronic ticket as the plus net email suggested.

The data services continued, the following month when billing time came I was charged more than what should have been taken but also no credit applied that was due back.

Yesterday I had to reset my router so I powered down the openreach box as well as the router only to find I had no data services.

When I called into customer services I again had to teach customer services that the phone line was separate to the data lines and that i could have the data without the phone. After talking to 3 different persons and and hour, the issue was supposedly escalated accustomed services claimed they could do nothing and needed the provisioning team to do something.

I was assured I would get a call today or tomorrow. This is so frustrating. All my wifi and other data reliant appliances do not work and as we live in an area that has limited mobile coverage, the access to mobile data is slow and inefficient.

Over time I have seen many customers from the trial fall into this hole, thecustomer services team are simply not aware of the products and unable to help and sometimes making the situation worse.

Can you guys please get your act together:
1. Please get my data lines up and running;
2. Create a simple document for your customer services team that is available to them when a fttpcustomer calls in to help.

I asked the gentleman who was helping me to contact Ben Devine who was online. The first gentleman said said he exchanged messages with before transferring ne to technical support. Tech support said it was not their problem as no account existed and transferred ne back to customer support. The last gentkemanwas kind enough to raise a ticket and forward it to his manager and at my request copy Ben into this.

Can someone from the support team please take a lead into this and resolve the matter.

Thanks

Jay.
7 REPLIES 7
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: FTTP issues

Hi @jayp, I'm sincerely sorry to hear of the ordeal that's come since attempting to get your phone line cancelled when on FTTP.  I can see that you've contacted us via Twitter regarding this same issue and my colleague @HarryB  has replied with the below message which I beleive is the best course of action to get you back up and running as swiftly and smoothly as possible moving forwards.

In order to get you back online, we'll unfortunately need you to sign up a new account.
Given the circumstances, I believe we should be able to waive any activation fees that would generally be associated with a new sign up.

While I'm afraid it's unlikely we'll be able to arrange this for today, would you be happy for me to arrange a callback from our Sales team for tomorrow to discuss this further?

In regards to the ticket, I'm afraid the email notifications are simply notifications of updates on the ticket, however you should still be able to log in to the account online to view/respond to tickets, although this shouldn't be necessary to get this matter resolved.

By all means if you can please reply to our Twitter conversation with whether you're happy to receive a outbound call in order to get your services re-set up on FTTP without phone with any preferred number or contact times we'll be sure to pass this along for you.

jayp
Dabbler

Fix
Thank you. I did want someone to call me and provided my mobile details.

I will respond on the Twitter message as well.
jayp
Dabbler

A big shout out to Steph in customer services, Darren in options team, hannah in provisioning and hafam in tech for getting me back online.
Can we please analyse why this happens to ensure something like this does not occur again.

I still need to go through the billing errors and make sure I am on the right plan. Iwas againallocated a home phone number.ber which i
reminded that i did not need and was probably the root of the problems. I will do that in the next day or so.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear you've got that sorted @jayp.

I'm going to write up a feedback email (For both the good feedback and bad feedback where improvement is needed) regarding advisors that initially dealt with this and advisors that subsequently rectified the issue.

Thanks for your patience with this matter.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
jayp
Dabbler

Harry.

I have just done a speed test and it seems i am restricted to under 40MBs download and 10 upload whereas i was on the 80/20 before. Could i please be reallocated to the 80/20 settings. thanks. 20190415 speedtestplusnet.JPG

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Coincidentally I was just querying that with the Sales advisor and Provisioning advisor that dealt with this earlier today.

Leave that with me and I'll ensure the package is corrected and that pricing is brought in line with the old account which should have moved to broadband only pricing on the relevant package.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm still working on the package side of things, but could you try disconnecting and reconnecting as I believe the speed side of things should be corrected now.

I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet