cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP installed - router not authenticating.

reformit
Hooked

FTTP installed - router not authenticating.

I am writing this on behalf of a client who I have been helping get set up with FTTP. It has taken Openreach since March to get the necessary external work completed - but eventually this was done at the end of June. Since then a series of cancelled orders and failures of PlusNet support personnel to understand what to do with FTTP orders means that 2 months later the service still isn't working. 

The internal works have been completed and the fibre is online but the router does not authenticate. Orange light on the PlusNet hub and despite manually entering the correct details nothing gets it online. The original ADSL circuit remains functional. That was where we got to a week ago. Since than someone finally picked up the ticket, incorrectly tested the ADSL line and obviously can't find a fault!

Username is [removed] - any help would be appreciated. 

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum to a private staff area.

2 REPLIES 2
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: FTTP installed - router not authenticating.

Hi there,

Having made sure I'm looking at the right details, diagnostics aren't showing any obvious problems.

Can you make sure the following test username has been tried?

bt_test@startup_domain

the password can be anything or left blank.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTP installed - router not authenticating.

Thanks for your time on the phone, I've booked the engineer visit in for you and I've confirmed by text message. If you'd like to update the contact details on the account back to how they were, you can do that from here

Let us know how the visit goes.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet