cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP - iPlayer over Wii buffering

keeps54
Grafter

FTTP - iPlayer over Wii buffering

Hi, I tried to catch up on a program I missed the other day on iPlayer on the Wii (so it outputs to the TV) and it was unwatchable as it kept erroring and reporting my bandwidth was insufficient. Any suggestions as to what I need to do to resolve this? I don't think it should be buffering or reporting insufficient bandwidth on a FTTP connection.
Internet connection test from Wii to internet was successful although I also had issues trying to go into the Wii shop channel to check if I needed an iPlayer channel update.
Any ideas?
Cheers, Paul
3 REPLIES 3
Epyon
Grafter

Re: FTTP - iPlayer over Wii buffering

Try running this
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/diagnostics
see what kind of speeds its reporting.
AxeMurderer
Grafter

Your setup probably isn't anything like mine, but...
Of all my wireless devices the Wii has the worst wireless performance. It will connect and do updates etc., very slowly, but I have never been able to watch iPlayer on it. Put another way, it isn't the speed of my internet connection that is limiting it.
I shall be trying Epyon's test, from the Wii, later.
AxeMurderer
Grafter

That bbc test doesn't seem to work on the Wii. And when I tried it, iPlayer was watchable.
What I was trying to say though, was to be sure the connection between Wii and your router is working well (although how you can tell I do not know). The Wii may connect to the internet but that says nothing about the quality (i.e. speed) of the connection.