Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP full product update?

TimSmall
Grafter

FTTP full product update?

Hello,

A relative of mine needs an Internet connection, they've been with Plusnet for 10+ years elsewhere.  For the new house (in Sutherland) Their copper line is ~10 miles long, and their immediate neighbours have given up on ADSL as a result.  They have fibre as far as a box attached to outside of the house (installed by OpenReach about 1 year ago when they installed FTTP in the area).

Any news on a rough ETA for plusnet to offer a full FTTP service?  Is this still planned or not?

Thanks!

Tim.

7 REPLIES 7
Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Re: FTTP full product update?

Hi Tim,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid this is not something that we have plans to offer in the near future and I'm unable to provide any dates as to when this decision may be reviewed.

If there is anything else I can assist you with please do not hesitate to let me know.

- Satta

TimSmall
Grafter

OK, it'll have to be a competing supplier then.

In light of the last post, can I suggest you change the wording on the FAQ page:

https://www.plus.net/help/legal/fttp-faq/

which currently says "...FTTP products coming in the near future."?

Thanks!

Tim.

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Thanks for getting back to me @TimSmall

I am unable to change this myself, but I have raised your feedback internally and your request will be looked into.

Kind Regards,

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@TimSmall 

At this moment in time I believe BT and Zen are the only well known ISP's offering a FTTP package. PlusNet may or may not join them in future but until they do nobody knows for certain so it's an open ended question - will they!!!

It sounds as though the house has an old style "two stage" connection where the fibre may already have been run to the box on the outside wall. If or when an order is placed it is then brought inside to an Optical Network Terminator (ONT). This requires two "connections" to be made - one at either end. Either that or the ducting is in place for a fibre cable to be run. In this case two visits are required. One to run to the box and then the house termination.

The new style is to use pre connected cables where one end plugs into a Distribution point and a connection made once the cable is in the house. this requires only one visit (usually).

Brian

krusty
Rising Star

Sky will be offering fttp shortly .. And i bet that pn will shortly after that

Current fttp/gfast providers

BT
EE
Zen
Andrew and Andrews

currently provide fttp/g.fast services.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Add IDNET to that list

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brookheather
Rising Star

And Cerberus Networks (my current FTTP ISP) - if Plusnet offer FTTP then I would consider moving back.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro