cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP for existing customer moving to FTTP only location

warndave

FTTP for existing customer moving to FTTP only location

I've tried calling customer service but I'm having no luck, they guy on the phone seemed to have no idea what I'm talking about.
I've moved into a house that was part of the Glasgow Commonwealth games. I have ONLY FTTP, no copper cabling of any kind either in the house or in the area. I already have an openreach Modem and ONT box installed along with a fibre cable to the exchange. This was active during the games but was disconnected afterwards; all the hardware is in place and works, there's just no-one serving the line.
BT's offering doesn't include static IP and Zen's offering is outdated and overpriced. I've been told that there's no more people getting added to the Plusnet FTTP trials but then I saw some activity on this forum and thought I should try one last time before I have to pick another option.
Is there ANY way for me to get added to this trial and to continue to receive the same level of service I was getting with FTTC? I am aware that I won't get a phone line and I'm absolutely fine with that.
Thanks,
-David
8 REPLIES 8
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: FTTP for existing customer moving to FTTP only location

To get the ball rolling I suggest you go to http://trials.plus.net, and raise a ticket mentioning your special circumstances and what you have installed. A link to this thread might also help.
You could also post the ticket number here for cross reference. Hopefully a staff member will be along before too long. Smiley
David
David
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Along with raising the ticket via trials.plus.net can you make sure to include the new address that you're moving to so we can check this.
I understand the person you spoke to previously advised we're unable to provide FTTP in that area.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
warndave

Hi guys,
Thank you so much. I've opened a ticket as you both suggested, number 112121476. I have included my address along with the ticket.
I would be absolutely over the moon if this worked out, this has been stressing me out for over a month. Zen told me to wait 2 weeks for them to update their pricing models for FTTP, so I did, then they told me "well I don't know who told you to do that, that was bad advice, we have no idea when we'll update those packages...". Then he hung up on me. BT seem to have no idea about the infrastructure they built and are talking about the need to install a copper cable at my expense, even though there's no cabinets in the area (only Fibre). It's been driving me mental.
Please Plusnet you're my only hope.  Cry
-David
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It's looking like it should be good news. I believe the ordering system is showing everything that would indicate a 24 hour activation Cheesy
I'm just dropping an email to our housemoves team to try and get someone to give you a call to discuss the rest of the housemove details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
warndave

You have no idea how much that would mean to me. I've been sitting at work refreshing this page every 5 minutes hoping for good news.
I am absolutely over the moon if this can be done.
Your New Best Pal,
-David
warndave

Just got a phone call from the house moves team and sorted out the details, just waiting to hear now about dates and so on! Absolutely amazing.
Thanks again,
-David
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Hi Warndave,

A fellow commonwealth village resident here! Cheesy PN were fantastic dealing with my move to the village, line was all set up and working overnight, no engineer needed, just turned everything on and it was all fine!
Oh and make sure PN aren't charging you line rental since you can't get any voice phone services with them on FTTP!
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The order completed this morning, however I've been a little busy today and I've only just got round to sending the confirmation through  Embarrassed
I've already removed the phone component from the account so there shouldn't be any further line rental charges to come Wink
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet