cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP coming to my area

strongylad28
Rising Star

Re: FTTP coming to my area

I know that feeling, I work closely with OR and it has been an issue for me in the past. Unfortunately none of the checkers are currently showing a sniff of FTTP @bmc so things are very behind. Its very sporadic too as some houses on the same street are showing as available, then two or three in the row are not, then house number four is. So something is not right. I have sent a query to OR direct to see how I get on!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cheers for your private message.

Until DSL Checker is updated to show WBC FTTP is available, we can't place the order I'm afraid.

Let us know of the response you receive back from Openreach.

If you haven't already, it may also be worth filling out this form here.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
strongylad28
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf I had a feeling that would be the case. I guess I'm clutching at straws. I'll see what they come back with an hopefully be in touch with you soon.
gavcuk
Grafter

In my street numbers 2, 3 and 4 can order but 1, 5, 6 and 7 cannot - weird!
strongylad28
Rising Star

It's a right pain isn't it!
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@gavcuk

Apart from the possibility of OR records not being up to date  a couple of things spring to mind.

I'm guessing from the numbers you're speaking about opposite sides of the street. While FTTP does not use the existing phone system it does use their ducts. So it's possible the two sides of the street are on different FTTP circuits depending on how the fibre was laid and the second circuit isn't live yet.

Or you have the situation (as has been known with FTTC) where one side of the street is getting (has got!!!) FTTP and the other isn't as it gets a reasonable FTTC service.

On a more general point I would suspect OR systems haven't yet caught up with the ramp up of FTTP network installs and there is no formal procedure for checking if a premise should be live for FTTP and then which, if any, record sets are incorrect.

Brian

gavcuk
Grafter

Not opposite sides just one 7 house cul-de-sac.

There definitely is no satisfactory FTTC service.
bmc
Hero

@gavcuk

So much for my thoughts. It would appear on the face of it to be an OR records problem then. Can't see any reason why there would be different circuits. I do know on the cul-de-sac behind my house there are two underground chambers for 6 houses. Couldn't get a clear view of the first when they were working but the second serves two house and appeared to have a two port DP point installed. It was daisy chained from the first chamber.

Brian

David_Haigh
Grafter

@strongylad28

Hi, just read your trials and tribulations with the FTTP. and think you should escalate on the OR database. When I moved from the rim to WREX town center I kept the same number, So imagine my Joy as the box near me got its sister box! Hover ever the number checker said not available but full address & postcode said available. So with a little help of Blacksheep on the Kitz forum found out what was going on and got PN to escalate with a map and cab locations. So now I have FTTC @50/9 Thanks PN.

Just a note Cab 34 for LL11 6XX is saying no fiber on the Codelock website! So is this cab correct for you guys?

Regards and best of luck.

David

bmc
Hero

@David_Haigh

As useful as the CodeLook site is for general background information its database details are usually way behind reality.

I know it's currently stating "BT Wholesale broadband datasets dated 30th November 2017"  but I've had FTTP since the beginning of November even though CodeLook states fibre is not available for my cabinet.

Brian

David_Haigh
Grafter

Hi @bmc

Did actually use BTwholesale as well, but as I don't know which road @strongylad28 lives in I used that as just a reference. My main point was to used PN to escalate OR to updated their database. So he can get the details corrected.

Cheers

David

strongylad28
Rising Star

Yes they are very much ongoing too!

I have tried a few times to speak to various people in OR and even a contact I have through work and the general consensus seems to be that a) the project appears to have been paused (unknown reasons) and b) not every house is getting FTTP!!

This is incredibly frustrating as some of the houses are able to place orders already and I can't even though I know the fibre has been laid right outside my front door to a junction box , but there are no engineers on site to ask what the hell is going on!!

David_Haigh
Grafter

@strongylad28

Bar-Stewards! that's not the news you want to here!

My cab 41 goes into Eagles Meadow and just shows FTTPod. We have a new side box, so I am thinking we will ether have G.force or nothing more for a while. so all the best with the endeavors!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

@David_Haigh wrote:

@strongylad28

My cab 41 goes into Eagles Meadow and just shows FTTPod. We have a new side box, so I am thinking we will ether have G.force or nothing more for a while. so all the best with the endeavors!

Don't you mean G.Fast?

This is new side box on my cab

IMAG0020 1.jpg

David_Haigh
Grafter

@Browni

That's the thing! G.force, G.fast G.spot! Something like that! Do you have it yet?