Did you mean: 

FTTP coming to my area

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: FTTP coming to my area

Let’s not open the whiskey just yet. Smiley
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
strongylad28
Rising Star

So tomorrow is my install date! Wish me luck everyone, I'll report back when I know more ☺
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Good luck. Cheesy

I'll prep the whiskey.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
strongylad28
Rising Star

I have been waiting for this day for so long! I finally have FTTP!!!!

72mb down and 21mb up!!!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Woo-hoo, that's great news. Cheesy

We got there in the end!

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
strongylad28
Rising Star

We did, and thank you very much for all of your help @Gandalf, I really appreciate it!

footloose
Dabbler

Congrats m8, sweet isn't it? Quite amazing that you managed to get Openreach to do this, that's sheer northern grit & persistence Cheesy No more waiting for things to download ever again - you're all set for the future now Wink
strongylad28
Rising Star

It certainly is! I have only used it for a short period of time as I am away this weekend (typical!) but it downloaded an app that would normally take 5 mins, in seconds!!!

Yep I wasn't going to let this get the better of me. The next job is to work out how I can get my neighbours to have it! They are on the same DP but cannot order. The engineer even said to me that he checked the node and i am in port 1, and only port 1 is in use. Fingers crossed I can help them out too!

strongylad28
Rising Star

Ok so it looks like I have an issue!!

My fiancé tells me the broadband is down despite it working when I left. And I cannot connect to my cctv remotely, again I could do this earlier.

@Gandalf do you know why this would have been working earlier but now it has gone down?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Looks like this was short-lived. Sad

Your FTTP order completed on the supplier systems at about 5pm, so I've now changed your account type accordingly over to your fibre package, though this wouldn't affect your connection.

Our tests are basically just showing this:

Test Outcome Fail
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTP_SERVICE_1005
Description ONT is down, Check that ONT is plugged in and switched on. Continue submitting trouble report
Main Fault Location CA
Sync Status Down
Appointment Required Y
Fault Report Advised Y

Assuming the ONT is powered on still, we'll need to raise a fault with our suppliers and arrange an engineer visit to further investigate. If you can reply to your ticket and/or text I've sent just now, we'll book it in for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
strongylad28
Rising Star

Apparently it is back up again now and working fine. Looks like an intermittent issue.

I'm not home so I can't check the connections but on Monday evening I'll make sure everything is plugged in correctly
David_Haigh
Grafter

@strongylad28 @Gandalf

Well done guys, I hope the girlfriend didn't turn the new white box off! But if all goes well Champagne and ticker tape all round.

And now to get the neighbors sorted! Grin

strongylad28
Rising Star

@Gandalf are you able to have a check of the connection since it went down, and see if there have been any other drops?

It seems to be working now but I don't know if the fault is intermittent or it was just a one off 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yeah it looks like it may have just been some teething issues. Your connection looks to be stable now, for the past 3 days. (I would paste a visual graph for you but for some reason the insert picture button isn't visible...) Let me know if you have any further issues.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
strongylad28
Rising Star

Thanks @Gandalf all seems good and working well here.

How would I go about ceasing my old service and PSTN? I know there is an early cancellation fee, could you calculate that for me please?