cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP available

cajef
Grafter

FTTP available

Openreach were on our small estate about three months ago putting new cables in, Cornwall has got fibre up and running in most exchanges near us including ours although we could not get it at the time, some areas on our exchange Redruth had got FTTC..
Talked to an Openreach engineer in a manhole running cables a few yards from our property, just had a chat assuming they were going to put a new green cabinet next to the old one and we would be getting FTTC, no says he all the properties on this estate are getting FTTP.
Now when I check the BT availablty checker for my line I get the following
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a WBC Fibre To The Premises technology with an estimated Broadband downstream line speed of up to 330Mbps and upstream line speed of up to 30Mbps.

I know at the moment Plusnet are only trialling FTTP but any idea when it may become available as a package or whether it is possible to receive it yet from Plusnet in our area.
2 REPLIES 2
cajef
Grafter

Re: FTTP available

Bump!!
Anyone in Plusnet Towers prepared to give an answer?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTP available

Hi,
Sorry for the delay in response, we're currently trialing FTTP.  Have a look at http://trials.plus.net and they'll be an option for 'FTTP Trial (Fibre To The Premises)' choose this one and we'll be able to take it from there.