cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP available on my Cab How do I get it?

majikaz
Grafter

FTTP available on my Cab How do I get it?

Hi,
I live in Wales and apparently people living in Wales are able to order FTTP if they are already served and living in FTTC enabled areas.
My PCP cab says I can get 330/30 FTTH but how to order and with who?
I currently have the FTTC 80/20 package (more like 50/18)  and would like to order FTTH (Full fibre)
Postcode SA15 2BX
PCP Cab 83
I have already put my name in for FTTP trials.
Any information on getting FTTP/H with Plusnet (or any other ISP's) would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: FTTP available on my Cab How do I get it?

Quote from: majikaz
I live in Wales and apparently people living in Wales are able to order FTTP if they are already served and living in FTTC enabled areas.

What gave you this idea?
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Hi, 
Judging by the postcode you've given,  it would seem the checks show FTTPoD(on demand)  this is different than normal FTTP and when it was available(they have stopped all orders for it)  it was very expensive as you'd have to pay out of your own pocket for the cabling etc.
With FTTP as Openreach supply it at present,  the cabling work is done to the street level then when you order it,  the engineers only have to add a short distance to your home.
Most areas that get FTTP cannot get FTTC,  but there are exceptions, unfortunately  in this case only the on demand product is listed
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: ejs
What gave you this idea?

Possibly the confusion surrounding this, though it looks like it never actually happened...
majikaz
Grafter

Hi thanks for reply's I got this info from TBB Forums I cant remember the exact post relating to "Welsh customers"..
Anyway...
Regarding FTTP and FoD is a huge difference I understand this. I also am prepared to pay a few grand to get lines stuck in the ground to light up my house. 3k GBP (Approx)
Also,  Its already been brought closer to my home due to a new build which has a BTO team with a huge fibre reel on the back laying in new fibre just this morning I went past..
But again who do I talk to about FoD/FTTP.
Perhaps this could be the catalyst to get BTO to give others in my area FTTH/P after I pay out of my own pocket to have FoD installed.
Thanks
libbyf
Rising Star
Fixes: 1