Grafter

Re: FTTP available on Plusnet?

Update to TT launch.

Click 

TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I don't understand the business logic of BT.  They are spending billions in rolling out FTTP and yet one of their own companies (PlusNet) doesn't support it.  I'd have thought BT would want to get as much return on their investment as quickly as possible.

It's like electric charging stations being rolled out across the country but there are no electric cars available to buy.

JAK92
Rising Star

Hoping they offer it soon BT/Open reach have just upgraded the exchanges by me meaning I can get their 900mbps speed through them. Surely they'll offer it to plusnet too 🤷‍♂️considering plusnet have done trials already
egg1000
Dabbler

I wouldn't hold your breath. Looks like the trial achieved nothing in terms of progress, it's been dead in the water for a long time. Same boat here, we've got 900mbps 6 foot from our front door, but no way to access it. Only 3 months into new 18 mo agreement too.
JAK92
Rising Star

Yeah we're in a 18 month contract joined late jan/early Feb. Then Virgin got installed on our road and now BT's fttp service 😂
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@JAK92  @egg1000 

I believe BT will compensate you for any contract-breaking losses you incur with your present ISP if you migrate to them.

JAK92
Rising Star

Oh really? Even when it's got 11 months left?! 

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

Alex
Community Veteran

I am sure that can't be legal:

"Other exclusions and conditions may apply"

Try writing that to a court as a legal statement to them - they'd laugh in your face.

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I called today to see if I could upgrade my speed but I'm still on the FTTP trial so I can't; however I was advised that PN will be launching a full fibre product in the summer. 

TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

That would be fantastic.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@barnyandpippa wrote:

... however I was advised that PN will be launching a full fibre product in the summer. 

Did they happen to mention which summer?  Shocked  Cheesy  Smiley

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@barnyandpippa wrote:

I called today to see if I could upgrade my speed but I'm still on the FTTP trial so I can't; however I was advised that PN will be launching a full fibre product in the summer. 

I just read this post over on 'Plusnet Feedback' which seems to confirm that, but the proof will be in the pudding as they say. Wink 

Timalay
Grafter

It seems Plusnet has finally announced it will be launching FTTP packages in the 2nd half this year.  Glad to hear it, hopefully after a while, the company (County Broadband) rolling FTTP to my town will open their network open to 3rd party ISP's (they have promised to do so).  They are sorely temping me away from Plusnet.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

If/When plusnet launch FTTP what will they call it?Huh

they are already miss- selling FTTC/VDSL delivered using copper as Fibre why would people want Fibre when they already have fibre?

"Why should i pay more for fibre optic when i already have fibre optic - im not having anyone drill holes in my walls for something that i already have"

And then theres the question of price

EE offer £39.99/month for 18 month contract

BT same price but 24 month contract

both for the 100mb package

Talk talk 150mb at £29.95