Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP available on Plusnet?

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: FTTP available on Plusnet?

@bobpullen    Are you saying G.fast will never happen at PN in future or it will come soon? I am fed up of waiting for G.fast 160/30 with PN as they never seem to bring in product as I end up signed up with PN for 24 months contract for FTTC 80/20 if G.fast become available on PN product next week or next month that's mean I have to wait for 2 years until the contract has expired?

I still got 13 more days to changed me mind to cancel the offer renewal deal

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I'd say G.Fast is unlikely.

That said, if you were in a 24 mnth contract with us and wanted to upgrade to a faster product then I doubt we'd stop you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@bobpullen I have phoned up PN yesterday to cancel my offer with 2 years deal within 14 days cooling off period. I don't like long term contract. I will start to look for other ISP for G.fast 160/30 to migrate over soon.

egg1000
Dabbler

This thread should be pinned in FTTP trial, found more out on here than searching the forum for ages.

We too have just had FTTP installed in our road (definitely - listed on BT, not on demand), but have just started a new agreement with PN for another 18 months. Very disappointing that they're (apparently) not even working on an FTTP product, from what I can deduce? 🔍

kankali
Grafter

Well this thread seems to have generated some interesting comments.

Sadly I have had to join BT - £49.99 for 500Mb Fibre, with phone. Exactly what I used to pay on Plusnet.

I have been with PN for over 10 years, but the FTTC product just doesn't cut it anymore, sub 40Mb downloads at the very best.

kankali
Grafter

@egg1000 You may be in the cooling off period still - distance selling regulations etc. So you may be able to switch to another provider without penalty

egg1000
Dabbler

TBH we've only got 28mbps~30mbps and a family of four, and for most of the time that works really well, we get very few issues (apart from the recent fault that has been fixed yesterday). Have to wait for PS games to download, but for netflix, disney plus, spotify, sometimes all going at the same time, it's enough. But knowing that we could have 5 to ten times the speed, and that it's literally 8 feet from our door is, frustrating. Considering we're only paying £23 for a service that works pretty damn well, the cost would have to be plusnet value, I wouldn't want to switch to BT just yet as it would be difficult to justify the extra.

kankali
Grafter

@egg1000 Well if it's £23 for BB & Phone that is hard to beat. I was paying £49 for both with PN - and BT was the same price for Both - so it was a no brainer, plus £105 cash back on quidco

ccarmock
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Maybe not too much longer to wait - Talk Talk have announced they are about to start FTTP with Openreach - and history says PlusNet just follow Talk Talk (remember the ridiculously low upload speed Plusnet offered - as soon as Talk Talk changed so did Plusnet).

Dodger21
Grafter

Link to the above if anyone is interested. click 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

This report says that TT currently offer GFast. Won’t Plusnet need to ‘catch up’ by offering this service first?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

A5040

Talk Talk is listed as a FTTP provider now:

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-providers

Openreach have installed FTTP in our area this week. As a plusnet user for over 15 years, I’m disappointed that they are not offering FTTP. Will move to someone else when the contract is up in December as 11mb broadband doesn’t cut it these days with the family at home all day long.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

• I would think IDNET are going to be a bit miffed at not being included on that list!

Aah, they ARE on the business list but not the home one?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@A5040 wrote:

Talk Talk is listed as a FTTP provider now:

FTTP has been available from my DP since June 2013 and I've been connected via the PN FTTP trial since around June/July 2015 (so not a recent thing) yet the TalkTalk 'FTTP' checker can only offer me ADSL speeds!

It seems that Openreach are being 'generous' by including TT on their list of providers as TT appear to be limiting availability to their small trial areas.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Wonder what the future for the BT sub brands is? will we see BT as the full beks and whistles, with EE a budget sub brand, nd pusnet as ultra budget VDSL/ADSL only?