cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP and PNTV

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Re: FTTP and PNTV

Is there a reason for this? IPTV works perfectly fine over FTTP so it can't be a technical one which really only leaves commercial and that doesn't really make sense to me!
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Is this still the case?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Yes. Still doesn't look like we'll be providing it over FTTP any time in the near future.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Can I ask what is the difference in presentation to PN of my line over a FTTC or ADSL line.
Fortunately we can access Netflix and other TV on demand over the FTTP line and the Freesat box
David_W
Rising Star

Is there any update on this happening?  My neighbour is moving away from Sky and looking at BT/TalkTalk, I obviously recommended Plusnet but then I remembered that you can't get Plusnet TV if you're on FTTP so switching to Plusnet would be the worst option for her TV needs.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately no updates on this at the moment Sad

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
howardj

hi just wondering if there is any news on this as i have noticed some people saying they have tv on fttp

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately we're still not offering YouView on FTTP.

As far as I'm aware, there's only 1 person with YouView on FTTP with us, however it took a long time to get there and created quite a few other problems, along the way.

Do you mind me asking where you've noticed people saying they have YouView with Plusnet while on FTTP?

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
alanlimb

Hi Harry

I have just noticed this thread having also found this one

https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/Youview-TV-via-fttp/td-p/1402047/page/2

which refers to a user getting access to YouView via FTTP.

Is there any prospect of PlusNet making Youview available to everyone on the FTTP Trial? I have been connected this week, expecting that I would be able now to sign up for a Youview+ Box. Obviously I am disappointed to have been told that isn't possible. Is this true? I was originally told that PlusNet didn't offer FTTP only then to find out that it was available via the Trial. Previously, I was assured by PlusNet that FTTC was available at my new address, only to find it wasn't when I moved in. This experience has taught me not to necessarily believe everything that I am told by PlusNet's staff.

Any help you can offer would be much appreciated by me and others in the same situation.

Best wishes

Alan

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @alanlimb,

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately as this has been confirmed by my colleagues previously that we do not currently provide TV services while on the FTTP, however it has been raised with the relevant team and we will update you when we know more.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team