cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP. Yay or Nay?

PaPow
Dabbler

FTTP. Yay or Nay?

Does anybody know if there are any plans for Plusnet to supply FTTP packages?

I live out in the sticks and am currently locked into an ADSL contract with Plusnet which gives me approx. 6 Mbps down 1 Mbps up. Not terrible and I know some are far worse off, but with some game updates now coming in at 17GB+ it is a bit frustrating at times. FTTP has become available now which I never thought would happen, yay. I am now in the position where I don't want to pay over £100 to break my contract to find out in a couple of months Plusnet now do FTTP and I could have stayed so any info would be much appreciated.

On a positive note I know a lot of posts on here are for issues but I have been a Plusnet customer for over 10 years, only one issue in all that time which was a cable problem for Openreach to fix.

7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: FTTP. Yay or Nay?

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to FTTP Trial board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @PaPow,

As you might have already know, we ran FTTP trials a couples of years ago but we no longer offer it. I am afraid we don't have any information to give regarding the introduction of FTTP packages. I am sorry about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@PaPow 

Just to confirm - the DSLChecker says "WBC FTTP" available in the left hand column when you run your phone number.

www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

AS PlusNet don't do it, you'll need to move if you want faster speed. While there are some minor players available BT and Zen are the mains ISP's with a service. Sky were supposed to launch this year but that's been put back to next year.

You also have a choice of taking the cancellation fees or waiting until nearer the end of your contract.

Brian

PaPow
Dabbler

It does indeed. Down Upto 1000, Up Upto 220. My neighbour is already enjoying his 300Mbps connection but he was with BT so it was an easy switch.

I have already been in contact with Zen as I need a static IP and BT will not provide this without it being a business package. Shame as I could have covered the cost of cancelling my contract with one of the money back offers BT have been doing. I found Zen were very helpful actually and I would be quite happy to move over to them should I decide to jump ship. I have heard good things about Zen before but have never had to deal with them despite configuring a lot of business networks.

My inner Yorkshireman does not like the idea of paying £130 to get out, so I'll probably sit it out for a bit longer. 🐵

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

I am sorry for the inconvenience @PaPow and completely understand how you feel.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@PaPow 

Zen give you a highly rated FitzBox router as part of the package. If memory serves correctly it's wall mountable.

Brian

PaPow
Dabbler

Yes they do. Never used one before but as you say they are highly rated. That said I would be sticking with my Draytek 2862.