Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Upload speeds

PaulStunt
Dabbler

FTTP Upload speeds

Hi,
I am curious to know what upload speeds people are getting on FTTP and what does Plus Net think we should be getting ?
I have been on the trial coming up for a week now and have been getting a pretty consistent 85 / 90 + MB/s download, which is obviously nearly the maximum. However my upload speed has been hovering about 10 / 12 MB/s which is just just over half the possible 20MB/s ( or is it a possible 30MB/s ? )
I should probably add this is not a complaint as the upload speed is incredible to what I had before but as this is a trial I thought I'd ask and see what the expected speed should be. I work from home and upload speed is important to me when I have to move large files around.
Thanks
Paul
2 REPLIES 2
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTP Upload speeds

Hi Paul,
The speed for everyone on FTTP installed up to the end of last week was 15Mbps, for those being installed from next week onwards it will be up to 30Mbps (BT only released the 30Mbps product last week). I'll look at doing a couple of regrades over the next few weeks but want to do my test line first.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
PaulStunt
Dabbler

Re: FTTP Upload speeds

Thanks for the response, Dave. That makes things perfectly clear.
To be honest I only started to notice when I tried to upload a load of photos to a US based photo site and the speeds were awful but  I think that was just due to the path it was taking to the US West coast.
I will look forward to the line regrades whenever the times right.
Thanks
Paul