cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Upload speed cap - Can it be removed ?

bigladuk
Grafter

FTTP Upload speed cap - Can it be removed ?

A question to Dave I guess really, I've been on FTTP for a while now and have found it amazing reliable. In actual fact it's had 100% uptime and perfect speed, Anyway my question is I've always had a capped upload of 15mb but want to know if that can now be removed so I can get the full 30mb ( or 40mb as BT were looking to do )
Thanks in advance
Si
4 REPLIES 4
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTP Upload speed cap - Can it be removed ?

Hi Si,
Technically yes we can remove it, however because of the expected pricing on the 30Mbps upload variant you wouldn't be able to keep it at the end of the trial (which is now looking as though it's going to carry on until July). We'd have to switch you back to 15Mbps or charge you about £30 a month for it as that's looking like what the cost is going to come in at.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
bigladuk
Grafter

Thats interesting
So the standard FTTP product we'll all be allowed to stay on will come as standard with 15MB up but not 30MB.
The £30 monthly charge, is that additional to any other FTTP monthly charge or in total ?
Does this mean you have some ideas of pricing come July then ?
So sorry for all the questions I guess given this information I'll skip the increase in upload speed
Thanks
Si
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

We've got an indicative idea of what the Wholesale FTTP pricing will be, we don't know exactly yet. From a trial perspective we're happy to leave everyone that takes part on 100Mbps/15Mbps after the trial at no extra cost but because the 100Mbps/30Mbps product is going to come in with a huge price premium (about £30) over the 100/15 product we couldn't leave you on that product for free simply because of the expected price difference between 15Mbps up and 30Mbps up.
We've not decided on any pricing yet post trial for an actual product, but like I say, for you and the other customers on now you wouldn't get charged any more than you are now but we would cease the ADSL service (or you can take out a 2nd subscription).
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
youngsyp
Grafter

I hope the OP doesn't mind me muscling in on his thread. I'll keep it on topic.  Smiley
Dave,
I've noticed a few FTTP users with the full 30Mb/s upload syncs. Would you mind explaining the rationale behind the decision to place certain trialists on the 'full fat' service, and others on the 'half fat' service? Out of interest.
For what it's worth, it'll not make any difference to me which service I'm placed on with my usage.
Thanks in advance,
Paul