Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial

FIXED
WWPlus
Dabbler

FTTP Trial

Hello,

I applied for the FTTP a week ago and have so far heard nothing... the application page just had a place to add some notes and submit to Plus.net - is this correct?

We're rather desperate for this, ADSL has left our property approaching the dark ages again, and FTTP seems like our last resort given our rural location. I'm 90% that the house down the road has got it. How long will we have to wait to be contacted?

Thanks

WW

63 REPLIES 63
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: FTTP Trial

Does it say its available when you enter your phone number on the DSL Checker?

WWPlus
Dabbler

Yes, absolutely. It was even Plus.net customer services that alerted me what that meant and provided me with the link to "sign up".
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good morning, 

It seems that unfortunately the ticket did not get through to our side, I've raised one on our end that you can reply to via our website.

Thanks

WWPlus
Dabbler

Paul

Thank you for raising the ticket, which I responded to promptly. That was nearly two weeks ago and I've heard nothing back - nearly 3 weeks since my initial conversation with Customer Services.

Frustratingly, there's a fibre node just 3 poles away from the house. How much longer will we have to wait to join the 21st century?

Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Good Morning, 

Sorry you've not had a response as of yet, I've got in contact with @BasilBrush who has said once he has free time today he will take a look at the ticket for you Smiley 

BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Hi @WWPlus, thanks for raising this onto the forum.

If you could kindly supply me with your account username via private message then I'll endeavour to find out whatever I can so you are up to speed with developments.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
BasilBrush
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Fix

Good morning John.

I'm in receipt of your username and have placed the FTTP order this morning, Sorry it wasn't done any quicker but we only have a few people trained to deal with this type of product. I will keep checking this frequently and update you on the ticket with whatever I find.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Duell
 Plusnet Support
WWPlus
Dabbler

Mark
Thank you so much for your intervention.

J
Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

@BasilBrush

Perhaps when you get time you can check if my application is also going through as I was having a few problems which 'chat' says they have now sorted. 

Have done the DSL check of course and like @WWPlus the fibre node is nearby - it's actually on a pole in front of my next door neighbours house. 

Desperate to move on from my copper coated struggle of less than 5Mbps!

Cheers Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman - When you get your install done you'll need to post a speed test, if only to make some of us jealous, including myself. Thumbs_Up

Minivanman
Legend

Thumbs_Up

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I hope you are aware that PlusNet only offer lower speed variants of FTTP on the trial, namely the 80/20 and 40/2 services ( The same as FTTC). You would need to look elsewhere (e.g. BT, Zen and others) if you want higher speeds, I think 330 Mbps down 30 Mbps up is the highest currently available. I guess 80 Mbps download would be a huge improvement for you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RealAleMadrid, that's a bummer. Sad

Minivanman
Legend

Well yes, such speeds would do nicely thanks very much and as for BT and Zen, their charges are way beyond what I could or would want to afford. 

Herman Melville