cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial plusnet says yes, openreach say no

dinglenook

FTTP Trial plusnet says yes, openreach say no

applied for FTTP trial 80/20 at the beginning of the month then had texts about date ect, router arrived, everthing seems to be going well waited in for first visit no one arrived , contacted plusnet and said "open reach said no longer available " but other ISP will supply, who is telling the truth, FTTP just completed, county website and open reach says "ultrafast"Ticked_off

6 REPLIES 6
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: FTTP Trial plusnet says yes, openreach say no

From what I can see it's showing as available.

I've passed it back to the correct team to investigate.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Who did you speak to at PlusNet, if it was the first line customer support very few of them know about the FTTP trial so you may not have got the correct answer. What does this checker say for your phone number or the address option - you are looking for WBC FTTP.

http://dslchecker.bt.com/

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

dinglenook

just checked with your link "WBC FTTP"  down load 330mb, upload upto 30mb

you can see the history on question 149013319- [CSA Removed] the order for FTTP, and 150362086- [CSA Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @dinglenook

Although DSLchecker does indeed show that WBC FTTP is available at your address, it is correct that our suppliers rejected our order stating that it was not available.
I'm sorry to hear you felt the need to take this matter straight to the ombudsman, however it is entirely out of our control that our suppliers cancelled the order stating the service was not available.

While I am happy to replace the order and continue trying to provide the FTTP service, I unfortunately cannot make any guarantees that there will not be problems along the way, especially considering we only offer FTTP on a trial basis.
Please leave this with me and I'll respond via the original FTTP ticket once I've got an order back in place.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
dinglenook

thank you very much, hopefully it will all go to plan, just need to be kept up to date, we already have the router but I think we need to arrange dates again, but do we wait and see if openreach accept the order, if they don't will you keep putting the request in, they only finished the fibre to the polls about 6-8 weeks ago and they will have to put FTTP from the green box to my house some 200-300 meters. hope to here from you soon thanks again

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@dinglenook wrote:

I think we need to arrange dates again, but do we wait and see if openreach accept the order

That's probably the best option due to the problems previously.

I've got an order replaced and I'm keeping an eye on this, for progress.

@dinglenook wrote:

if they don't will you keep putting the request in

Not quite. We'll cross that bridge if it comes to it though.

Thanks for your patience.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet