Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial - media experiences

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

FTTP Trial - media experiences

Hi,
We're keen to hear from customers who joined Plusnet’s 100Mbps FTTP trial and would be willing to talk to the media about their experience.
If you have a few minutes to spare to answer the following questions and would be willing to take part in media interviews in the future, please read on.
In registering your interest, you must be willing to:
- Undertake a short phone interview with a journalist about your experiences using Plusnet
- Have your picture taken and appear in the press/online
Questions?
1. What speeds were you experiencing prior to the trial and what do you typically achieve now?
2. How has it changed the way you use your broadband?
3. What activities do you online now that you didn’t do before?
4. Would you be willing to illustrate your broadband speeds to a member of the media?
For those whose stories finally appear in print, we will offer a handsome reward!
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
4 REPLIES 4
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTP Trial - media experiences

Hi Dave
I guess I'll start the ball rolling!! Assuming you were expecting responses to this post?
I am willing to talk to the media about my experiences with Plusnet and FTTP.
Just so you can check whether my responses are appropriate, here are some brief answers:
1. Before FTTP maximum download was 2.4MB (ADSL2) which I thought was pretty good. I migrated from Sky BB and got 1.7MB (ADSL1) maximum download from them. Post installation and now, over one year on, I am getting 93MB download consistently and 15MB upload.
2. and 3. Yes, it has, it has increased my video consumption, including streaming, BBCi player and Video Kinect with the Xbox. Also I don't have to think twice about downloading large files anymore be it on the PC or on the Xbox.
4. Yes, no problem at all. I guess this means running one of the online tools like Speedtest.net? I've been using isposure most during the trial and have all the results in a spreadsheet. However I have recently uninstalled isposure!!!
Cheers
Howard
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Thanks Howard, appreciated, I've passed your details on to the marketing team.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Happy to take part also Cool
champson
Dabbler

Yes, me too, I have nothing but good things to say. I would have replied sooner but I've been off the forum for a while.