Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial - drop in tested speeds

FIXED
Crellster
Rising Star

FTTP Trial - drop in tested speeds

Hi, I'm on 80/20 FTTP. 

Since 10 October there's been a marked drop in the speeds available on my service. 

Previously it was stable at ~77/21. 

Between 1920 and 2005 something happened and the line speed has never recovered.

Since that date and time my service has run steadily at ~48/19

These speeds were tested via a gigabit switch to a Gateway to a Router(in passthrough mode);,and they

run automatically every 45 minutes (Please see attatched graph).

I have confirmed these results by directly connecting to the Gateway and repeating the tests. 

Can someone investigate please. 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: FTTP Trial - drop in tested speeds

Hi @Crellster, sorry to hear you've been experiencing a slower than expected connection recently.

Testing the connection isn't flagging up any problems with this, however I notice up until a few hours ago, the connection hadn't actually dropped out for around 9 days, which does match when the speed first dropped down.

If you're still experiencing the same slow speeds now following the connection dropping earlier, I'd recommend raising this over at https://faults.plus.net so we can raise this with our suppliers for further investigation for you.

Feel free to drop us a message back here once you've reported the fault on your account and we'll get the ticket picked up for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Crellster
Rising Star

@HarryB The reason for the drop was me restarting the gateway so I could repeat the tests after everything had restarted, but I got the same performance figures afterwards. I've just repeated it and still the same. I've now raised a ticket. #  183749774

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Fix

@Crellster,

Thanks for raising that. I've manually raised the fault and updated it on the ticket. I don't know if you've ever had a fault on your FTTP service before but the testing provides no information other than a pass or a fail marker. Your line passed so it will go to an engineer visit just to let you know. It's not currently in that state to book one at the moment but to preempt it being update the ticket with your preferred engineer slots for a visit.

Once you've done that if you could just give us a nudge on here we'll get it picked up for you.