cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial closed

hennaboy

FTTP Trial closed

After getting messed around by BT for 12 months showing FTTP was available and then not available every time I signed up for the trial which meant that it could not go ahead I was given the all clear that it was finally ready.
Only to be told that the FTTP trial is now closed.
Not impressed by the lack of support and help by Plus net on this I had to go out of my way reaching out to BT where possible which is no easy task to get them to update records to then have the door slammed in my face after I have done all the leg work.
Even though FTTP trial signup is still present on the trials website and I had two previous applications cancelled only because the dslchecker was giving incorrect information.
More than tempted to just leave and go over to Zen.
10 REPLIES 10
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: FTTP Trial closed

This is the first I've heard of the trial being closed for Business customers Huh
I'm just chasing this up now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm sorry to say that it is correct that the FTTP trial is not available on our business packages. Only on the packages advised on the trial page, which are Residential packages.
The following products and options are available for the FTTP trial:
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre up to 38Mbps - £14.99 per month
Setup charge - free
Speed - up to 38Mbps down, up to 1.9Mbps up
Contract - no change to your existing contract period
Usage - Unlimited
Router - free 3 port wireless
This product is the same as our FTTC Unlimited Fibre product only with FTTP.
Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra up to 76Mbps - £19.99 per month
Setup charge - free
Speed - up to 76Mbps down, up to 19.5Mbps up
Contract - no change to your existing contract period
Usage - Unlimited
Router - free 3 port wireless
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hennaboy

Brilliant. Looks like when my contract is up then ill be moving elsewhere.
Quite ridiculous that I have the technology on my doorstep. FTTC is not available but cannot get FTTP as I was too late to join the trial despite three attempts to join over the past 12 months.
Stuck with sub 2mb out of maximum of 8mb broadband.
However FTTP is available on trial to residential properties. So in essence the flat above my shop could order it but I wouldnt be able too.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As it’s a trial and we can’t guarantee to maintain the levels of service we want on our business products.
You could join the FTTP trial if you'd be happy to migrate to a residential account in order to take one of the residential packages that are offered as part of the trial.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hennaboy

Well I dont believe there is any difference between being a business user and residential especially not in the small village we are in. So yes would be more than willing to transfer to residential from business.
Can you deal with this or give me the details on who I should contact.
Thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'd recommend giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 (Select the option for thinking of leaving) and advise them you are wanting to migrate from Business to Residential.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
hennaboy

Hmm looking at the information on how to do this I have to pay off the rest of my business contract to switch to residential.
I dont think that is appropriate or fair to be honest.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

if you phone Customer Options see my sig for the number - select I am thinking of leaving - you may be pleasantly surprised
jim1985
Grafter

Quote from: HarryB
I'm sorry to say that it is correct that the FTTP trial is not available on our business packages. Only on the packages advised on the trial page, which are Residential packages.

When exactly did this happen?
I'm on a business package and was successfully moved over to the FTTP trial back in the middle of last year (2015)
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

As has been suggested ringing the Customer Options Team is the way forward with this. They are the ones able to make requirements compatible with the offerings (or vice versa) when the need arises.
David