Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial and re-contract

barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: FTTP Trial and re-contract

Same for me. My discounts have just finished.
There are a couple of PN staff on this forum who can help with this. Can one of the please post a reply and I will PM you to arrange a call.
Thanks
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @EA81 and @barnyandpippa,

I've checked with our customer options team and have been advised that, as we're not running the FTTP trial anymore we're also unable to apply discounts for any existing FTTP customers. I'm very sorry for any disappointment that this may cause.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EA81

Hi Emily, sorry to be a pain, but I still need to speak to someone re adding a phone line? Can someone call me please?
Thank you 😊
Steelman99
Dabbler

was only  2  months ago  Plusnet was  going to  offer  me a  discount  for  signing up for another  year  - but unfortunately  they  couldn't as  Im one of those  stuck in the  billing  mess and they  cant  change anything until that's  sorted

barnyandpippa
Rising Star

Hi @EmilyD 

Forgive me for being sceptical about the consistency of responses I get from PlusNet but it was only a couple of weeks ago that there were other staff on this forum offering to put FTTP customers in touch with someone sufficiently trained to be able to have this discussion.

Please can you advise what changed and when for the benefit of all the forum users who might read the previous, and quite recent, posts?

Thank you.

@Warwick  in July advising someone that they would be able to have a discussion in October

@MatthewWheeler  advising me only three weeks ago that this was a possibility.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Tags fixed.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Steelman99 wrote:

was only  2  months ago  Plusnet was  going to  offer  me a  discount  for  signing up for another  year  - but unfortunately  they  couldn't as  Im one of those  stuck in the  billing  mess and they  cant  change anything until that's  sorted

I'm surprised at the offer of a discount.

If I understood a recent ISPReview article on FTTP wholesale prices then PlusNet have little on no room to discount FTTP prices (I was looking at 40/10 lines). When you add in the ISP costs and a profit margin then there is no room. It costs significantly more than a FTTC circuit

AS it happens they also have no need to discount FTTP prices - those on the Trial (like myself) get a very, very good deal compared to the cost of other ISP FTTP packages. Remember we're talking FTTP here and not comparing FTTC and FTTP prices.

Brian

barnyandpippa
Rising Star

I’m not sure I share your view of a “very, very good deal” when BT have confirmed they can offer me FTTP at 50meg for £5 less per month than PlusNet want for 36meg.
I’ve been with PN since 2002 and I’ve never had the need to switch because they’ve always come through on pricing (even if not on service) but now they seem proud to do me.
What is frustrating is that offers of discounts have been made by PN staff on this very forum. Sadly this is where PN service falls down - there are some people in the organisation who can do stuff and quite a lot who can’t. When you find the good ones they are great because they get the bad ones out of the way.
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

The basic BT product is 50/10 rather than the normal 40/10 so 25% more speed. Apart from that I pay £18.49 (including £2.50 internet only surcharge) for my 38/10 service. You'll not beat that anywhere as far as I can see.

If you're including a phone line then perhaps PlusNet have some lee way but I don't see how.

OR FTTP Wholesale pricing can be seen at

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/07/openreach-cuts-uk-isp-wholesale-prices-for-fttp-ultraf...

Brian

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @EA81 I have forwarded your details across to our Customer Options Team to get in touch with you and look into adding a phone line package.

@barnyandpippa I have messaged my colleague @MatthewWheeler to check the information with him. I am aware we have stopped the FTTP Trial connection, although I am unsure when this came into effect. We will respond to your query soon with further information.

Many thanks.

EA81

Hi @Dumbledore can I ask if you get the team to call me again please? There seams to be a problem with connecting my phone line??? Hope you can help
Thank you
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @EA81 I'm sorry to see there's been a problem with your order. I've added updates on the progress Here and also Here. As I believe I'm progressing the order correctly now, could you let me know by replying to the first ticket if you'd still want a call back with a bit of information regarding your query so I can direct the call back request to the right team. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet