cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial and re-contract

jamsey66
Rising Star

Re: FTTP Trial and re-contract

Thats good news, thank you for your prompt reply and hopefully a solution , i look forward to hearing from you,

Kind regards James

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

No worries @jamsey66. We'll be back in touch once we've got something from Openreach. It's worth noting once it's resolved we'll unlikely be able to put you back on FTTP though as it's a different account but FTTC will be be doable. 

jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi, was wondering if any news from open reach etc, kind regards, james

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi James, I'm sorry for the delayed update on this. I chased things up yesterday and I'd expect a reply from our suppliers early next week. As soon as we know more we'll let you know. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi James. I've received confirmation from our suppliers that FTTP is now showing as available.

I've checked the DSL Checker at http://dslchecker.bt.com using your landline telephone number and I can see this is the case at a massive potential speed of up 1000Mbps but unfortunately FTTC isn't available. 

I've provided more detail in an email/support ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=193963630 on your account with your options, could you let me know how you'd like to go ahead?

Cheers,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi Anoush, have replied via ticket, I knew the exchange was fibre enabled, but that speed was a surprise lol, looking forward to hearing from you, james

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi James, thanks for getting back to me. I’ll take a look at your reply when I’m in the office later on today.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
barnyandpippa
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi @Warwick, my contract is due up in a couple of weeks and I too was told it’s full price or back to ADSL.
Any chance I can arrange a call to discuss a new contract?

Thanks
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting in touch @barnyandpippa.

If you can drop me a PM with when your free for a call tomorrow we'll see what we can do

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

All connected with a ASUS N66U router, open reach modem worked and I'm now running at 76MB D/L and 19MB U/L, pity i can't see what 1G would run like, i suppose ill live in hope 🙂 

Cant express my thanks to you for sorting this out, Thank You

Look forward to hearing from you soon

Kindest Regards

James

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi James, thanks again for getting back to me.

It's good to see you back up to speed Thumbs_Up and not a problem I'm just glad we managed to get it up and running.

Yup sadly I don't think any providers are offering the full 1Gbps yet, although a few do offer 330mbps as far as I'm aware. Hopefully this is something we'll be doing in the future when or if we bring out a non-trial product. A man can dream...

While placing the order I noticed your Openreach ONT/modem is a 4 port one, so in theory you should be able to order 3 more FTTP services although I doubt I'd be able to arrange this as we made an exception here based on the circumstances.

Having said that, 76mbps/19mbps speeds are still pretty nice Smiley Big step up from standard broadband!

There's still a bit of admin work to do on your account, but I'll finish that tomorrow and over the coming days. Due to the way our systems work with FTTP, we've got to sort that out step by step over a few days.

Feel free to let me know if you need any further help with this or anything else.

Cheers,

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Not that it has any relevance to this thread I know a provider who offers 1Gbps up and down for £30 a month.

Unfortunately it's location specific - and involves a lot of hard work to get it installed!!!

Brian

jamsey66
Rising Star

It would be nice but would have to upgrade some of my kit 😀

EA81

Hi, we are currently on FTTP trial and tried to call the customer service helpline, the guy said politely “we don’t do FTTP” and then hung up on me!
Please help? We need to speak to someone about a better deal still staying on FTTP but with a telephone package added?
Could you please help in getting one of the “FTTP trained” staff to give me a call?Huh
Many thanks
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@EA81 

As you have discovered very few PlusNet staff know anything about the FTTP Trial. The CSA was correct in stating PlusNet don't do FTTP and potentially does not know that some customers are on a Trial product.

As it is a non standard product it is unlikely there will be any internet "deals" available. Indeed, should you look at moving to another provider you'll discover just how good the price you pay for internet is.

As for a phone service that's another matter I can't help with. I cancelled my line as soon as I was up and running on FTTP - cost is a £2.50 surcharge for internet only. One thing you could look at is VOIP.

Brian