cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial and re-contract

scimitar
Grafter

FTTP Trial and re-contract

I am on the FTTP trial and "out of contract" on Unlimited Fibre (36mbps average). I currently have the line rental saver which expires in early November.

Is it possible to negotiate a re-contract to reduce the monthly charges for a Unlimited Fibre plus line rent and Unlimited UK phone and Mobile deal without interfering with the FTTP trial? I am a bit anxious that the FTTP will be interrupted and the profile changed because of a new contract. I would be grateful if a Plusnet Help Team member could advise please.

Kind Regards
Roger Collins

40 REPLIES 40
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: FTTP Trial and re-contract

@scimitar 

As you're on the FTTP Trial you'll not get offered any broadband deal so your don't need a contract for your internet connection.

Do you use your land line? I ask because, if not, you can cancel it and pay a £2.50 internet only surcharge. If you go down this line make sure the request is made through this forum. General support staff are not trained in FTTP matters.

That would leave your mobile as a stand alone unit with whatever deal you can get.

Brian

scimitar
Grafter

Thank you for the advice about the land line. I do need the landline so I would be looking for some reduction in my outgoings with an Unlimited Fibre (including line rental) and Unlimited UK plus mobile calls deal.

A bit confused about your comment that "As you're on the FTTP Trial you'll not get offered any broadband deal.."

Kind Regards

Roger

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@scimitar 

It has always been my understanding that as the FTTP Trial is a non standard product then no internet deals can be offered.

Hopefully a FTTP trained PlusNet bod will be along in due course to advise.

Brian

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @scimitar

By all means we can arrange for someone to call you to discuss a new deal for your fibre services.

The only difference is that there is a limited number of agents trained in dealing with FTTP trial customers so If you like I can get someone to give you a call to arrange this?

Just let me knoww on this thread and we can get a call organised.

scimitar
Grafter

Thank you for helpful response. My line rental saver ends late November. I will contact you nearer the time to have a call arranged as you suggest if that is OK.

Kind Regards

Roger

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hey @scimitar

That sounds like a good idea.

Just give us a nod on here in October and we can get a call arranged for you.

If there's anything else in the meantime just let us know.

Steelman99
Dabbler

Hi Warwick

I  note  your  comments  about only  certain staff are  trained to  deal in FTTP - I  contacted   plusnet  to  ask about  a  deal when my  contract ran out  last  month and was  told  that there  were  no  deals available  for  FTTP as it  was a  non  standard  product = - but  from what I read on here  , your saying there is  but  only  from specially  trained staff 

Can you arrange  for  one  of them to  contact  me  please  -  quite  happy to  sign up for a  year or  more  if  there's a deal  for  signing  up 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @Steelman99, thanks for reaching out.

If you can send me a PM with the best contact number to get you on and a rough time when you'll be free I'd be happy to arrange for someone to call you back to discuss a new deal.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Steelman99
Dabbler

Hi 

Should  be  available on [Removed] for  rest of today , or  tomorrow  morning after 9am

Thanks

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, I've passed this on to our customer options team to call you back soon.

I've also asked our mods to remove your phone number from your post as this is a public forum.

Let us know how the call goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamsey66
Rising Star

[CSA Removed]i was also on the trial, it was cancelled and i had to re contract with ADSL, i have phoned PN to get FTTC or FTTP and have been told that fibre is not available in my area, this is tosh the exchange was upgraded 2 yrs ago to full fibre and the whole village has fibre to the pole. i have looked at several suppliers and they have the same reply not available in your area, why is this the case, i am at the moment staring at a open reach box with a connection to the pole 20m away and everyone is saying fibre to available, Post Code [Removed]

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @jamsey66 

If we’ve cancelled your account or FTTP service in error and WBC FTTP is still showing as available when you type your full address at http://dslchecker.bt.com then we’ll be happy to reprovide this for you getting you back onto our FTTP trial. If WBC FTTP isn’t available then I’d recommend filling out this formwize https://www.formwize.openreach.co.uk/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d to query this further with Openreach directly.

However if you’ve chosen to end your FTTP service or account with us then I’m afraid we won’t be able to reprovide this because we closed our FTTP trial in July 2018.

We’ll just reprovide an FTTP service if we’ve made an error. We’ll be happy to look into the circumstances further for you tomorrow. 

I hope this helps. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jamsey66
Rising Star

Hi, I did not end the trial it was ended by plus net I believe it was the end of the trial for fttp. My query is really why is my address not showing fibre on the dsl checker and showing fibre not available when I know it is, 2 of my neighbours in the same block of flats have fttc one with BT and the other with talk talk supplied by the same pole, and as I said earlier I have a fibre cable from the flat to the pole, but according to isp's I have queried this with including BT and talk talk it is not available.

just a note to say thank you for your help and if I can be reinstated with either fttp or fttc it is very much appreciated

james

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@jamsey66,

I've found an different account than the active one you currently use which was on the trial. This looks to have been closed down, and when the new one was set up only the ADSL was showing as available - which is surely incorrect. 

All other numbers in your building have fibre services available so I reckon this is some kind of records problem. I've sent off a form for Openreach to check and resolve, but just an FYI it can take up to 7 days to get any sort of feedback. Leave it with us.