Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial Ended?

reformit
Hooked

FTTP Trial Ended?

Hi,

I spoke to a PlusNet customer service person yesterday who informed me the FTTP trial is no more.

We are about to move into a new build property where the only option is FTTP - no copper at all. 

Is this true? If its not true (activity on this forum would seem to indicate not) can we do a house move and FTTP install? 

5 REPLIES 5
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: FTTP Trial Ended?

Hi @reformit welcome to the forums!

If this was regarding a business account, unfortunately that is correct. The only packages currently available on the FTTP trial are residential packages. Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
reformit
Hooked

Thanks Harry,

This was regarding my home account - username nexcore - you provide both phone service and FTTC broadband presently.

We are moving in to a new build in two weeks time. It will have FTTP although Openreach have yet to install the equipment (maybe this week apparently). 

Is it possible to do a house move and join the FTTP trial at the same time? 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It is possible for you to do a housemove on to FTTP only. However at the moment we wouldn't be able to place any orders as no availability is showing.

I'll reference this response on the FTTP trial ticket on your account and provider a little more information there for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
reformit
Hooked

Thanks Harry,

Your colleague replied to the ticket saying that as no copper was going to be available it won't be possible to provide FTTP. Is that true or not?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

As an existing customer we'd be happy to go through with a housemove on to FTTP only.

This is the way I've generally dealt with them in the past, however we've had a little further clarification today regarding this situation confirming this is OK.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet