FTTP Trial Closure

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

Re: FTTP Trial Closure

'Ding ding' - Last orders please!

guineapigsoup

I am assuming that Plusnet will launch an FTTP on Demand product shortly then, any idea on possible timescale.

September would be good for me.

Tim

agedgopher
Pro
Fixes: 3

@guineapigsoup

The last thing you want Plusnet to offer is FTTP On Demand. The installation costs for this run into the thousands and the monthly charges are massive.

What you really want is a straight forward FTTP, unless you are a business where the cost implications of FTTP On Demand are not really of concern.

mrlambo
Hooked

Does anyone know what would happen now to existing customers (me) who are moving to a property with FTTP only and who have 4months left on their PlusNet contract?

Thanks!

bmc
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

@mrlambo

At this moment I believe you would have to change to another provider (phone service as well if with PlusNet).

There could be cancellation charges applicable.

Brian

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 12

Hi @mrlambo,

I have left a ticket on your account with some information regarding your query. You can view this here

Please get in touch if you have any further questions.

Thank you,

Aisha

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Aisha Khan
 Plusnet Help Team
RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 4

@mrlambo wrote:

Does anyone know what would happen now to existing customers (me) who are moving to a property with FTTP only and who have 4months left on their PlusNet contract?

@bmc wrote:

@mrlambo

At this moment I believe you would have to change to another provider (phone service as well if with PlusNet).

There could be cancellation charges applicable.

@mrlambo

I don't believe there will be any penalty for ending your contract with PN early in these circumstances as PN are UNABLE to provide a service to you at your new address (as described in your own thread) .  You do not have a copper line available to you through no fault of your own, and PN will be choosing not to connect you to the only available service, i.e. FTTP.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 243

While early termination fees would generally be applicable in these circumstances, in this instance we'd be happy to waive them.

While it's not the ideal answer I'd like to give (i.e. that we'd provide FTTP at the new address) I do hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional
mrlambo
Hooked

Thanks @HarryB,

PN customer service is second to none and I will be coming back to PN as soon as I can after I move house.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 243

No problem, I'm sorry that we can't do more at the moment, but we'll look forward to seeing you back if/when things progress with FTTP offerings with us.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Infrastructure Operations Professional