Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial Closure

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: FTTP Trial Closure

@Hobo wrote:

@Gandalf

When the trial closes will there still be a dedicated forum for anyone on FTTP to go for support in case of any problems?

I would image that if a commercial product is launched then a new forum would be created elsewhere in the Community and this one would simply be allowed to wither away.

Brian

Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@bmc

I think that is pretty obvious, my concern was for between the trial ending and something else being set up.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Well hopefully PlusNet are considering making it a permanent product.

If that happens, my option is that this forum should be locked (as an archive) but still accessible to people to search as I am sure there is lots of useful information on here which shouldn't be removed. No longer a trial? Well then this forum is no longer applicable and needs any new posts.

Then a permanent forum set up.

Up to PlusNet and the mods of course, but that's just what I think they should do.  

FxAxF
Rising Star

Well this is....disappointing?......news. My exchange was the first in the county to go live with fibre back in 2012, and I have spent the past 6 years begging Openreach to review their stance on Exchange Only lines. Having finally seen the fibre "pills" on the poles near me, it's taken another 6 months of Openreach dragging their heels to get to the point that I'm waiting for just the final installation....which is being delayed again....

@Gandalf and @JonoH......please reassure me that after all the efforts of past years and months that you will still be able to honour my ticket in the work queue and I should be able to see FTTP soon? I don't think I can live with a 0.2mps upload for much longer.....

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@FxAxF as above we'll fulfill all in-flight orders placed to us before the end of July, so we'll continue to work to get your FTTP service up and running. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
FxAxF
Rising Star

Colour me 'relieved'....

Getting so close now (coincidentally due an Openreach update today I recall?) so to miss out now would have been the height of frustration.

Have a good day Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems I appreciate the concern this would've caused!

I'll update you this afternoon on the order. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
David_W
Rising Star

What about those of us who are on out of the ordinary things due to the trial?  I for instance am using Port 2 on the ONT to get 300Mb (something Dave set up a long time ago to test something), with the trial ending will those of us who are using non-standard configurations still continue to get our non-standard configurations?  I assume that by the trial ending you're moving to a full commercial product which would mean standardising everything.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@David_W wrote:

What about those of us who are on out of the ordinary things due to the trial? 

Whatever you're getting now you'll continue to get, we'll make contact separately if/when your product changes (there are no plans I'm aware of)

I assume that by the trial ending you're moving to a full commercial product which would mean standardising everything.

In time, but it's not imminent.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
bmc
Hero

@David_W

The FTTP Trial itself is not ending - it's just being closed to new applicants.

Brian

FxAxF
Rising Star

Bri, indeed it is and I'm glad that with an imminent install (8 days, woohoo!) it is all still business as usual....

...however I do understand the nerves. Having been at the end of a change in policy at the hands of an otherwise decent ISP; *cough* Eclipse *cough*; whereby my download limits went down and my cost went up, it's often preferable to get a set in stone response from Jon and the team Smiley

bionicbabe

Can I join this trial please?

Thanks

Rebecca

bmc
Hero

@bionicbabe

Does "WBC FTTP" appear in the LEFT hand column of the DSL Checker

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Brian

bionicbabe

Alas no it is FTTP on Demand, this means no doesn't it Sad

bmc
Hero

@bionicbabe

I'm afraid so!!!

If FTTC (VDSL) is shown as available then it's highly unlikely you'll be getting FTTP any time soon (although G.fast might become an option).

Brian