Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial Closure

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: FTTP Trial Closure

I realise there is only so much information PlusNet can disclose on what they're doing behind the scenes.

If I were lucky enough to get FTTP I would like to know if in the future it is something they are planning to support as a permanent full product. Not something that is pencilled in for 'Maybe in the future but we don't have any timescales or know when we're going to do it'.

Just seems a bit silly to me, that PlusNet have done a certain amount of work to support it (as per the trial) so just hope they don't let it slide.

Otherwise they'll lose custom over it. 

krusty
Rising Star

The only trollabity that i can think of :

a) pn shutting fttp completely. false

b) pn isn't going to do a commercial fttp. Unofficially false.

c) pn may increase fttp prices..

C is something that only pn can answer, and publically they aren't in that position to do so (yet).

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@krusty

They could do themselves a favour by making the Title of this thread clearer.

It should really read "FTTP Trial Closing to New Entrants 31st July 2018".

It does read a bit doom  and gloom as it stands as "FTTP Trial Closure". That looks very final at first glance.

Again just my view on clear and concise communication.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
The_Dreamer
Grafter

@JonoH

Our FTTP trial will be coming to a close at the end of July, allowing us to focus our efforts on developing new products our customers will love. Customers already involved in the trial will see no change to their service.

Can you confirm, as a matter of urgency, that I will still be able to join the Trial.

I have literally just come over to PlusNet (went live yesterday) purely because of the trial, and on the understanding that I would be allowed to join.

If this proves NOT to be the case, then I will have to return to BT, and pay their exorbitant charges for FTTP - the whole point of this exercise was to avoid that!

I have an open query - 'Question #177971480' with the FTTP team - if you, or someone from PlusNet could take a look, and make sure that I'm 'in the system' so to speak, I'd be very grateful!

Thanks,

Phil

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@The_Dreamer wrote:

@JonoH

Our FTTP trial will be coming to a close at the end of July, allowing us to focus our efforts on developing new products our customers will love. Customers already involved in the trial will see no change to their service.

Can you confirm, as a matter of urgency, that I will still be able to join the Trial.

The trial is absolutely still open, and one of the Social Media team will get that order processed for you. Smiley 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
The_Dreamer
Grafter

@JonoH

The trial is absolutely still open, and one of the Social Media team will get that order processed for you. Smiley 

Wow! That was quick.

Many thanks Jono. Hopefully my FTTP 'trial' can be sorted just as quickly! WinkSmiley

Phil

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep I agree @SpendLessTime

The title is misleading in the fact it implies it is closing down for good, including for the people who are currently using it. Rather than to new people.

So the thread title should be renamed I think.

jordieg03
Hooked

Will home moves still be accepted for those already on the FTTP trial beyond the July end date? 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@jordieg03, unfortunately not. We won't be placing any new FTTP orders with our suppliers following the end of July.

However, any in-flight orders we currently have with Wholesale, or requests already raised to us at trials.plus.net before the end of July will still be fulfilled.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jordieg03
Hooked

Thanks Anoush,

Lets hope Openreach hurry along and install my ONT soon then!

What's the deal if my ONT etc isn't installed in time to place an order before the end of July and Plusnet aren't able to supply my new FTTP only property? Would I be able to exit my contract early in that case?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems. As you've already raised the request/ticket to us, we'd still place your FTTP order for you when we can.

We'll fulfill all tickets that are in our "Products - Fibre Trials" pool/workflow. From the end of July I believe we'll be switching it off on the member centre so no new tickets can be raised there.

Well in your case the ticket is in my teams pool but this won't make a difference. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
jordieg03
Hooked

Awesome, thanks again Anoush. Am checking dslchecker regularly so will be in touch via the ticket as soon as I’m showing available 👍
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all. Fingers crossed it's available soon. Incidentally I've got someone else in a similar position. If you've already contacted the developers, I think it's pretty much a waiting game. Sad

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@Gandalf

When the trial closes will there still be a dedicated forum for anyone on FTTP to go for support in case of any problems?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm not aware of any plans to remove this forum board, so you should be able to post here still. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet