Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial Closure

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

FTTP Trial Closure

Our FTTP trial will be coming to a close at the end of July, allowing us to focus our efforts on developing new products our customers will love. Customers already involved in the trial will see no change to their service.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
91 REPLIES 91
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Re: FTTP Trial Closure

@JonoH

Presumably that means people can still apply to join the FTTP trial right up until that date?

Hobo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

@JonoH

Does this mean that FTTP is now going to be offered to all customers now that are capable of receiving it?

JonoH
Hero

@RobPN wrote:

Presumably that means people can still apply to join the FTTP trial right up until that date?

Absolutely. 

@Hobo wrote:

Does this mean that FTTP is now going to be offered to all customers now that are capable of receiving it?

It means we'll be working behind the scenes on creating a product but we won't be allowing more people to join the trial whilst we do that.

Jono H
RobPN
Seasoned Hero

@Hobo wrote:

I'd noticed a few new names appearing recently amongst the PN staffers replying on this forum (who've presumably had some training in FTTP matters) and wondered if something new was around the corner.

I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see what's coming regarding speed options and pricing, and no doubt some on here are looking to upgrade from their present 40/10, 80/20, and other 'trial' variations which they may well still be on.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@JonoH

While I appreciate you can't give definitive dates have you any idea of the timescale before a commercial product launches?

I'm thinking of those PlusNet customers who miss the July cut off but who might consider staying if they know a FTTP product is coming "in the near future"

Brian

JonoH
Hero

@bmc wrote:

While I appreciate you can't give definitive dates have you any idea of the timescale before a commercial product launches?

I'm sorry I don't have any further information. As soon as we have any further information I'll share it.

Jono H
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Well it has been a LONG trial. A very long one.

And still no verdict Wink

The FAQ's for FTTP Trial were first published on 6th July 2010. Some 8 years and 10 days ago. How time flies.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@JonoH

One final thought - should this thread be "pinned" at the start of this Forum.

Brian

krusty
Rising Star

Finally this Trial is coming to an End.

Now the mass training and what products to sell .. and at what price.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero

And presumably PlusNet TV will be available on the forthcoming FTTP offerings for those who want it (not me!) and couldn't have it on the trial.

SpendLessTime
Hero

@JonoH

While it is nice to have notice of the change posted to these forums, I wonder what percentage of people on the trial will see this notice?

In general, the vast majority of Plusnet customers avoid the forums. (Forum accounts are under 58K, and not all of these are customers)

Shouldn't this also be emailed to the FTTP trialists at their billing email address as a matter of courtesy and good customer service?

And when future plans for FTTP are available to the paying customer, those too?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

@SpendLessTime, this shouldn't affect current FTTP trialists, unless I've missed something.  When FTTP products become available, then it might be a different matter, but since there aren't any details around that, then it's impossible to say.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero

Hi @SpendLessTime as @pjmarsh say's this won't impact existing customers on the trialat all, they'll continue to get whatever they're getting now, it impacts people who want to get on the trial. 

Jono H
SpendLessTime
Hero

@pjmarsh

I know that @JonoH has stated that this is the closing date for new entrants to the trial and that things will stay the same for those of us on it after that date. And that new products may appear. BUT.

You may be surprised that the news will get altered by the old Chinese whispers effect as it slowly gets around. I won't be.

So it will have an effect of stopping any of these misinterpretations by contacting all the loyal trialists before they hear the whispers.

I know I'm labouring a point (and I know some people on this forum think I'm always trolling) but prevention is better than cure.

My penny's worth on it as I feel that as a communications company, Plusnet isn't that communicative.