Did you mean: 

FTTP Trial - BTWholesale Case Studies

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

FTTP Trial - BTWholesale Case Studies

Hi guys,
Just for those on FTTP. BTW are looking to do some case studies on FTTP and how it's had an effect on how you guys use the Internet or if it has had effects on what you do or how you live. They're very interested in getting some feedback on what you do with FTTP.
For example, do you now work from home more often and therefore can have more time with family and save travel costs? Do you use the line for business and have seen increased efficiencies? Can you now do things you couldn't do before (e.g. watch iPlayer or stream HD TV) or do several things at once (e.g. you can watch iPlayer, your kids can play online games and files can download at the same time).
If you're happy to speak to BTW then please reply and I'll send them your details over (name, email address and phone number unless you have any objections). Or if there's any questions please let me know.
Thanks.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
4 REPLIES 4
Floyd
Grafter

Re: FTTP Trial - BTWholesale Case Studies

Hi Dave, I'm happy to help as my experience has been really good with FTTP and Plusnet although not so good with BT (as they couldn't help me after 3 months of failed attempts). My internet activity has improved dramatically and I now don't dread opening web pages with heavy picture content or watchin iPlayer in HD while my sone plays online Xbox etc.
Cheers
Floyd
jayp
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Dave
i would be happy to help, i do like the speed and reliability as i work from home, the only nag i have is the daily momentary (<1 sec) that i seem to suffer from.
hmarshy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hi Dave
Quite frankly I'm quite amazed by the lack of response to this request.  Shocked
Yes, I am one of the FTTP triallists who has not yet responded to this post, but as a single resident, I have never needed to test the service with multiple gadgets accessing simultaneously. I do connect to the Internet via my laptop and Xbox but never at the same time. I'm rubbish at multi-tasking!  Grin
Also as a suscriber to Sky World HD I have no requirements to download any TV or movie content through the various on demand players.
The one and only advantage I have experienced is download speeds and wow are they amazing. Files that used to take half an hour to an hour now take seconds to download.
I can also report excellent reliability.
Cheers
Howard
jwhosborne
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
Happy to feedback.
Julian