cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Speeds:

tomxlisa
Grafter

FTTP Speeds:

I asked to be upgraded to the 80Mb package last week but still remain to see that speed, when i was first activated for FTTP i was getting 80Mb and then for some reason was dropped down to the 40Mb package, anyways i asked to upgrade back to it but no matter what i try i can no seem to get near the 80Mb i used to get (now i am back on the 80Mb package) i have spoke to plusnet and they don't seem to have much clue about FTTP, testing the telephone for faults etc which i have told them is pointless as it is a FTTP line, doesn't touch the telephone line, i am connected via ethernet so it isn't a wireless problem either, anyone else had similar problems if so how did you fix it?.
This is the kind of speed i am getting at the moment.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/4188571898.png
22 REPLIES 22
AndyH
Grafter

Re: FTTP Speeds:

Are you testing wired or wireless?
tomxlisa
Grafter

As mentioned in my post i am connecting via ethernet (wired).
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

have you checked the current line speed on the portal
tomxlisa
Grafter

Yeah current line speed is 80Mb.
AndyH
Grafter

Have you tried rebooting your router and the ONT?
Also try this speed test - http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
tomxlisa
Grafter

I have tried switching off all equipment and waiting an hour and then back on again and that test i have just tried and same results as the one i posted.
AndyH
Grafter

Have you tried the BT Speed Tester/Further Diagnostics? If you fail that test, it gives you another test to run (TAP3).
tomxlisa
Grafter

I think so, i know i opened a fault thing with plusnet but that didnt do much good as they was testing the line etc, have you got a link to this BT test?.
AndyH
Grafter

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
Double check your IP Profile here in case something has become messed up.
tomxlisa
Grafter

Done the test and got the same speed as on the other tests, when i did a further diagnostic and put my post code in i got this error message.
Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
AndyH
Grafter

I think you'll need to raise a fault ticket then. It's a bit of a puzzle as you won't be on the 40/10 product as you're getting fast speeds and it doesn't look like the PN line speed is an issue either.
tomxlisa
Grafter

I have raised a fault with plusnet already and they have found nothing wrong and passed it back to me to check cables etc, so not sure where to go from here.
AndyH
Grafter

Were you using the Plusnet router? If not (and you still have the Plusnet router), can you try that?
tomxlisa
Grafter

I have always used the plusnet router, i don't own another one.