cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP Speeds:

tomxlisa
Grafter

FTTP Speeds:

Will Plusnet ever offer the other packages that you can get with FTTP if say you went with BT, like the 200Mb service and the 300Mb one?.
11 REPLIES 11
tomxlisa
Grafter

Re: FTTP Speeds:

No/yes?.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There's no definitive answer we can provide. We might do this in the future but we may not, it depends on various factors. Sorry that I haven't been able to be any clearer.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tomxlisa
Grafter

No prob, hopefully in the future they give people the option.
AndyH
Grafter

You would expect them to offer it if/when FTTP goes live as a fully launched product as it's straightforward provisioning on any FTTP speed variants.
Most people are happy with 80/20 as that meets their needs and requirements.
tomxlisa
Grafter

Got fibre installed today, poor speeds with wireless any tips to get this faster, tried using wired and it is full speed, i have bought a wifi extender to get the signal full on my computer but still poor speeds?.
DaveyH
Champion
Fixes: 12

A wireless repeater/extender will reduce throughput by half.
If you want to extend wireless range then a secondary router/access point connected to your primary router with Ethernet is the best option,  failing that use homeplugs
tomxlisa
Grafter

Just been and took the extenders back and got some homeplugs which has sorted the problem straight away, getting full speed now, but still only getting about 30Mb on the wireless devices (mobile phones/tablets) i guess there is no way of sorting them so they get full speed too?.
tomxlisa
Grafter

Any advice?.
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

As your FTTP appears to be OK, but you are having WiFi speed problem, perhaps you'll get a wider audience if you ask the question in another forum rather than this slightly 'niche' one.  Wink
chrisg4kvi

Quote from: tomxlisa
Just been and took the extenders back and got some homeplugs which has sorted the problem straight away, getting full speed now, but still only getting about 30Mb on the wireless devices (mobile phones/tablets) i guess there is no way of sorting them so they get full speed too?.

Have you looked at the frequency you are using?? I had a similar problem in that my router was on the same channel as a neighbour.  Changed to a vacant channel and speed increased.
tomxlisa
Grafter

Have tried all the channels and pretty much the same speed on them all, my computer which is connected to the homeplugs which perfectly at full speed, its just the wireless devices like my phone, laptop etc which is not, i have read that sometimes wifi just isn't gonna be as quick as wired etc so maybe i will have to put up with it and if i want full speed just use the main computer connected to the homeplugs, if there isn't a way to fix this?.